BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lower my car a bit, but I dont want that look I've seen on a few E46s in which the tires seem to be up inside the wheel well. I'm looking for an aggressive look maybe with the back raised a little more than the front. Any suggestions??? Prices??? Also, I just bought some 18" manarays if that makes a difference.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
You want an aggressive look, where the tires aren't tucked, and the back is a little hire than the front? H&R sport springs (29484) is the answer. $230 from tirerack.com. I have them, and love them. But don't go by my sig, that's a stock picture.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
47,771 Posts
Or go with H&R race springs and Bilstein shocks :) check sig

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,115 Posts
HeavenRevvin said:
I want to lower my car a bit, but I dont want that look I've seen on a few E46s in which the tires seem to be up inside the wheel well. I'm looking for an aggressive look maybe with the back raised a little more than the front. Any suggestions??? Prices??? Also, I just bought some 18" manarays if that makes a difference.
Actually the H&R race springs would give you a better drop, but you must by aftermarket shocks for them, and they are stiffer. H&R sport feel exactly like stock springs (which is a bit too soft for me).

·
Registered
159 Posts
is the h&r race spring for the coupe less of a drop than the sedan drop, cuz i plan on getting them for my car and it does 2.0 in the front 1.4 in the back.. i want them tucked tho haha, i got 18" hm2's so yeah sumone reply =)

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
BMWERKEN said:
If u really wanna dial in ur ride height...get some coilovers...and have them adjusted EXACTLY how u want to...
exactly, so when you get done and say 'man i wish it was lower/higher'...you can actually achieve this w/o much pain...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a coupe. I like the UUC set, but it kinda looks from the picture, that the front wheels are tucked quite a bit. I have 18"x8.5"s will any of these kits cause a problem, i.e. rubbing? Also, i was looking at the m3 on the homepage (the black one) and he says his suspension is "slammed" in the front, what the hell does that mean, and his back is raised 2 inches. I like the raised back idea, but does that mean its not lowered at all? I realize that sounds obvious but I'm thinkin maybe its lowered and then angled toward the front...basically i know nothing about suspensions. I never planned on modding mine and now I decided it looks pretty sweet. thanx for the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts