E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2001 330xi and I am looking to lower it. What are some different products I should check out if I am not trying to break the bank. Thanks!:thumbup:

·
Registered
127 Posts
i got h&r sport lowering springs and blistein sport shocks on my xi. to be honest, H&r are to firm, you'll feel all the little bumps. i'm plan on changing them out to eibach prokit springs this summer. it should be less firm than h&r and give a little better road hugging control. but what i'm going to try to do is fit i spring onto the xi for more of a drop. like wat sam5357 said it only bring it down to stock e46 sport height.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Eibach Prokit Springs are optimal for drop and comfortable ride. I paired mine with Koni sports.
Dropping lower than 1.4 inches on each wheel the ProKit gives can put too much stress on the CV boots, which are prone to tears even without drops.
For another 1/2 inch on the rear wheels I substituted a 5mm spring pad for the stock 15mm spring pad.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
i got h&r sport lowering springs and blistein sport shocks on my xi. to be honest, H&r are to firm, you'll feel all the little bumps. i'm plan on changing them out to eibach prokit springs this summer. it should be less firm than h&r and give a little better road hugging control. but what i'm going to try to do is fit i spring onto the xi for more of a drop. like wat sam5357 said it only bring it down to stock e46 sport height.
I have h&r too. I kind of like the bumpy ride :dunno:

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Racelands :eeps:

What kinda drop you after OP; mild (getting rid of that xi stance) or as low as you can manage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts