BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of lowering springs do you guys have? are you happy with them? im thinking about getting some but i dont know what kind to get

·
Registered
210 Posts
carpenterm said:
I'm wondering the same thing as well, I want some cheap lowering springs
If you are looking for a good price, the Vogtlands are on sale for $190. I have these on my Benz. They are as good as any other spring I have used. They have 2 kits available, a 25mm and a 40mm for the coupe and 2 kits for the sedan, a 35mm and a F=50mm R=30mm kit.

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
UUC V.2's are supposed to work very well with the stock SP shocks, so they will not wear out prematurely as opposed to running the H&R springs with stock shocks. since i am on a budget too, this is the way i will most likely go. :thumbup:

-brendan

·
Banned
4,174 Posts
i got some HR race springs with stock shocks and i'm happy with the turn out. the front is a bit lower than the back with minor tucking and the back is nice also, but no tucking and no gap. i'm just kinda worried about how long my stock shocks will last.

·
Registered
500 Posts
i have non-sports-package suspension right now, and if I want to get only springs, which one should I get to preserve the life of the stock non-sp shocks? thanks.

don

·
Registered
500 Posts
how much does the UUC one lower? and I assume this will void my warranty on only the suspension part? or will the entire factory warranty be voided? thanks.

don

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
I wanted the UUC v2 TSS since I first heard about them. Since then I've decided to either get a matching shock and spring set (H&R cup kit) or a full coilover suspension set-up. But if you're going to go with just springs alone, as someone stated earlier, the UUC v2 TSS was designed to work with your stock shocks perfectly. That would be my choice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts