BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a coupe with the sports suspension and am planning on lowering it. I want to gid rid of the wheel gap as much as possible with out tucking. I know about coilovers but they're to much as of right now, so no need to suggest them.

My question is what is the most aggressive but good quality spring out there? The H&R Race 50484-88 ( which I thought was the lowest springs) says it lowers 1.1 in the front and 0.9 in the rear, So does that mean that the Eibach pro-kit with it's 1.2 F and 1.0 R actually lower than the H&R Race springs? I thought H&R were known for being lower, can anyone confrim?

Thanks!

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,121 Posts
I have H&R Sport springs (29484) and they advertise .75 rear and .25 front. But they dropped more like 1.25 all around.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mtfour said:
Also, take a look at this thread, especially the second page:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93663&highlight=29484
Thanks mtfour:thumbup:

but I still would like to know if the eibach springs are lower than the H&R's since on their site they advertise a lower drop. Also I've read on here that H&R are stiff and has the raked look with the front being lower than the back. Also the Eibach is a softer ride. If the eibach's are actually lower and softer that I think they'd be the better choice.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,121 Posts
My H&R Sport (29484) feel exactly like stock. The H&R "Race" springs are stiffer. Also, If my springs were about 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower in the back, they would be perfect. The front is just right.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,464 Posts
ya i wish my back was a little lower on my sport springs as well try doing some research on some ucc springs i heard those were good as well

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info, I've decided to go with the RD Sport Competition springs since it drops 55mm all around and since they're made by Eibach I'm assuming they won't be as harsh as H&R.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
bluebimmer, do you have any pics of e46s with those springs? i want to see the actual drop they make. also with a drop that low, i dont think those springs will be too good for your shocks :dunno:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just ordered the springs from Renn Sport so I don't have them yet. There's only one member I found on here that has those springs. Here's Psirakis gallery of his car with the RD Sport Competition springs:

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/showgallery.php?thumb=1&stype=2&si=psirakis&cat=500&sort=1&ppuser=7872

I spoke to val from monsoon motorsports about them and he said that the drop is from non-sport hieght like they have in EU, so the actual drop is about 1.6" since the OEM sports suspension is about .5" lower than stock. I think they're comparable to the Eibach sportlines. I already have bilstein sport shocks that have been sitting in my garage for awhile, but I think Psirakis is running the comp springs with his stock sport shocks and he says they're fine.

Also monsoon have a great deal on the RD Sport sport springs and Renn Sport is having a special on the RD Sport competition springs right now so it's a pretty good time to pick some up.

·
Bradolf Pittler
3,125 Posts
i'd go ahead and get the cupkit so you won't have to worry about gettnig shocks and paying for the labor again.

ride is very good... do a search on cup kit and yuo'll find plenty of satisfied customers. u can see the drop of the cupkit in my sig.. not bad for a few hundred

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already have shocks, I have bilstein sport shocks. It shouldn't be a problem because the drop is similar to the H&R race springs and Eibach sportlines, just not as harsh as the H&R's and a more even drop. The amount of drop is calculated from a non sport hieght. Also I don't like the cupkit because the back is higher than the front.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts