E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2003 330i used and it already had lowering springs and I am looking to return the car to stock height. I have no clue what brand they are or how much lower the car is than stock. I will be replacing all four struts this next week sometime so that would be the best time to get them if you want them. I have enough tools, jacks, stands and time to do the swap if someone wanted to come to my house in Black Mountain, NC 28711. I will not even charge anything for the springs if I can get a trade for stock ones. also willing to drive a short distance to you but would take a lot more planning bc this is our only car right now.

Typed this on my iPhone so I probably goofed something up lol

Just PM me if your interested and we can work something out

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey, I have an old set of stock sport springs (OEM) from my 330ci still at the shop. They have about 75K on them. In decent condition but on the rears the paint is beginning to come off and the very beginnings of rust are coming in. Could still last a very long time. That said, when these do fail is when the ends of the rear springs snap off due to the exact reason listed above. Next time I am at the shop (next week) I will look for them and send you a picture if you are still interested. As they are from a coupe, you will have to check they fit the sedan. It is very possible they don't. As for price, all i would want is you reimburse shipping.

If these don't fit, i can't find them or they are not in good enough condition, then I would just look to buy some off the forum (I got my replacement ones with 20K miles on them for about $65 shipped). Once you get the lowered ones off, clean them up, check the brand and start a FS thread. If they are good springs you will probably come out ahead.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I would need to know what the springs are in advance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts