E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to lower my e46 330ci, however i dont wanna drop a grand on coilovers so i wanna do springs...but i want to drop 2 inches and im not so sure ill get that with springs. Can i cut 2 rings off my lowering springs when i get them so i will go lower? suggestions cvomments on what to do i.e, cheaper set of coilovers other then racelands or should i cut my new lowering springs etcc thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i know cutting your springs a really a jdm thing lmao. im completely content with buying coilovers but i dont wanna buy a set of 1500 kw's, but then again i dont wanna slap racelands on a bmw..is there something more inbetween like the 5-6 hundred dollar range?

·
Registered
873 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice thanks a lot man. what exactly are those like coilovers? they look a bit confusing, and how much of a drop do they give?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
how much of a drop do they give?
H&R Spring & H&R Shock Combination, Perfect combination of handing & ride quality, ( Avg. Low 2.1"F & 1.7"R)
For cars without factory Sport suspension.

If you read the description on the link, it says 2.1" front, 1.7 rear on NON Sport suspension, subtract 15mm (about 5/8" since you have the sport suspension)

that would be 1.5" front and 1.1" in the rear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well then clearly for 700$ that would be retarded because for 200 i can just buy springs and get the same drop...

·
Registered
257 Posts
well then clearly for 700$ that would be retarded because for 200 i can just buy springs and get the same drop...
Yeah, and your suspension's control response is gonna be ALL messed up. Then your bumpstops and subframe will go to hell. Enjoy.

You want to have shocks with an appropriate damping response for the amount of travel available. You need to do more research to know what you're getting yourself into.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
yea i know cutting your springs a really a jdm thing lmao. im completely content with buying coilovers but i dont wanna buy a set of 1500 kw's, but then again i dont wanna slap racelands on a bmw..is there something more inbetween like the 5-6 hundred dollar range?
So you are willing to cut your oem springs but wont touch racelands, how ironic :facepalm:

But seriously, it sounds like you're not looking to spend too much so I would recommend just getting a H&R sport cupkit.

·
Registered
395 Posts
One of my really good friends while growing up started to call himself Deez after highschool. Then ppl started calling him DeezNutz. I haven't talked to him in a LONG time so not sure if he still calls himself Deez. Is that you Keith? Haha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you guys are a bunch of douchee bags, and none of u really know what your talking about.
at least irocthe325i is trying to help me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts