E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 19's style 67 on my 323Ci and I'm looking on purchasing some lowering springs. I already rub with my tires on my stock suspension. The drop would be 1.5, my question is will that be to big of a drop and will I continue to rub, I already plan on rolling my fenders. Please help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
If you're rubbing on 19's with stock, and plan on doing a drop, the answer is yes, you're gonna be certainly rubbing even more. I don't know how much fender rolling is going to be necessary, but I would imagine a lot.

Looks good, btw. Personally with those 19s, I would recommend sticking with stock height and adding some front/rear spacers, then rolling the fenders. Move the front out just enough so that it's close to flush, but not too much. The rears look good from the picture. Did you already space it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's why I really wasn't sure about lowering it! I've been thinking on putting spacers on the front so it's flushed, the rears don't have spacers. Thanks for your opinion!!

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Yeah that's why I really wasn't sure about lowering it! I've been thinking on putting spacers on the front so it's flushed, the rears don't have spacers. Thanks for your opinion!!
Awesome stuff. Yup, I think if you use the spacers instead, you'll get a lot of that lowered look without actually dealing with the many problems of lowering these cars. The fender gap will be more filled-in, and your car will have a more filled-out look that generally gets achieved from lowering.

If you do plan on lowering, do a quick measure of how much space you would need to have in order to prevent rubbing. The rear fender well has some hard filler material that is supposedly an absolute bear to scrape away in order to make more room. If you're up to the task, absolutely it would look great; but from what I've seen with people that have made it work, it's a pretty fair amount of effort required.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Awesome stuff. Yup, I think if you use the spacers instead, you'll get a lot of that lowered look without actually dealing with the many problems of lowering these cars. The fender gap will be more filled-in, and your car will have a more filled-out look that generally gets achieved from lowering.

If you do plan on lowering, do a quick measure of how much space you would need to have in order to prevent rubbing. The rear fender well has some hard filler material that is supposedly an absolute bear to scrape away in order to make more room. If you're up to the task, absolutely it would look great; but from what I've seen with people that have made it work, it's a pretty fair amount of effort required.
If you just cut the whole fender lip off you don't have to deal with getting the filler out :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts