BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this come on when there is 8 L left, as stated in the manual? My reason for asking is that I have not seen it on and I have gone shockingly close to being empty a few times. Is it a cae of it being burned out? The car only has 95,000 kms.

Thanks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
the light WILL come on when u still have around 8 liters (2.1 gallons) in the tank
u better check yours (fuse, light...)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe I haven't drained it far enough.

My 328's light comes on when I have 10L left. I am used to that. I once filled the car up with 61.5L (which is 1.5L left) and ligth was not on. I will check the fuse, then take the cluster out and check the bulb.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine come on when I have 40 miles left to go. I've gone as low a 2 miles left man it was close.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the 320, I don't have an obc to tell me how my kms I have left. I will buy a bulb and when I have time, I will check the fuse and the bulb. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
haha my old xi stopped once from no gas. My mom had to come with a gallon tank.

·
Registered
276 Posts
In both of my cars (dodge ram and 323Ci) I have taken the "miles to empty" gauge all the way to zero. Thankfully I have never ran out of gas however. Wew.... ha It was funny looking at it though.

·
Registered
87 Posts
BTW, if anyone wants to know, when you're down to 2 or 1 mile to go, it means it. I ran out of gas about 1/4 mile from my house last month. Whoops. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts