BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit a skunk last night at 75MPH... blood any hair every where. Now it is imposible to get closer to my car because of the bad smell. Any sugggestions???

·
Registered
279 Posts
Wash it down with metholated spirits, then wax it to restore the protection to the paintwork.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh ****! I need to get rid off the smell quick. Just remember that I have a date this Saturday ...and it's a first date too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
put it on a lift and pressure wash the bottom. but 977 is right about stripping the wax, it will hold a stink. you might also want to check behind your fender wells for blood and stuff, at 75 that crap gets everywhere there's room for air.. also febreeze the hell out of the interior and leave the windows open for a few hours, i'm sure the stink has seeped in there too. you can use a mr clean magic eraser on tires and fender wells, not paint and i wouldn't recommend wheels.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Google for skunk remedies. If I remember correctly, washing with tomato juice gets the stink out of you or your pet.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took it to the wash booth, spent more than 20 bucks and sprayed it down real good....didn't help. Took it to the detailed shop.... and I couldn't believe they turned me down. Will google for the skunk remedies...I need to get the smell off by Saturday...

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
One time my car was parked outside because our garage was being refinished. The floor was.

Anyways a racoon decided to crawl up into the engine bay and take a nice nap. I got up early to leave for work enough that I guess he never woke up. I started the car(not knowing that he was in my engine bay) And next day outside it smelled like blood. I thought something had died around our area. Eventally the smell went away. Around 2K miles later I went for a oil change. And once they put the car on the lift and started to raise the car up. The racoon dropped out of my car. The mechanic said that he has never seen anything like that. Everytime I go to the mechanic now they ask me if I have any animals living in my car.....And of course, they look away when they lift the car up.........

·
Registered
778 Posts
One time my car was parked outside because our garage was being refinished. The floor was.

Anyways a racoon decided to crawl up into the engine bay and take a nice nap. I got up early to leave for work enough that I guess he never woke up. I started the car(not knowing that he was in my engine bay) And next day outside it smelled like blood. I thought something had died around our area. Eventally the smell went away. Around 2K miles later I went for a oil change. And once they put the car on the lift and started to raise the car up. The racoon dropped out of my car. The mechanic said that he has never seen anything like that. Everytime I go to the mechanic now they ask me if I have any animals living in my car.....And of course, they look away when they lift the car up.........
you gotta kidding me right?
same thing happened to me last year with my old e36
and only when i got an oil change, "it" failed out.

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
damn...lol, that really sucks...

Does it smell in your car? If it does, leave a box or two (more the better) of baking soda in the car for a while, replace the cabin filter and turn the air on high to get everything circulating. Last thing you would want is to get rid of the smell...turn on the air and BAM, get the stench back.

As for the exterior...put the car up on jacks, take the wheels off, and start with a thorough detail. Reason I tell you to put it up on jacks and take the wheels off, is because you will want to clear the bottom of the car too including the wheel wells. Use dawn dish soap for everything, not only will it strip the old wax off but it should also help with the smell....

make sure to put a new layer of protection (wax or sealant) on after you are finished....

If you want more detail...feel free to ask...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
^^ should do the trick

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
you gotta kidding me right?
same thing happened to me last year with my old e36
and only when i got an oil change, "it" failed out.
im not. I guess racoons love BMWs the best......

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it's not funny guys. I have a date this weekend, and have spent more than 6 hours get the stinking odor off. It is the first time I am taking this girl out, and don't want to mess it up. Talked to my dad, he said I can use his Buick...so that is my back up plan.

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
it's not funny guys. I have a date this weekend, and have spent more than 6 hours get the stinking odor off. It is the first time I am taking this girl out, and don't want to mess it up. Talked to my dad, he said I can use his Buick...so that is my back up plan.
seriously... just do what I said...

hopefully you have plenty of time tomorrow though.

GL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts