BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since i had some work done on the front right strut i have had this problem. When i make left turns there is the really loud speaking noise. It sounds like Metal rubbing on something. Could this have anything to do with H&R Race springs, even tho it was making the noise before i had them installed. I also have some wheels that need adapters, its a kinda funky setup.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I Can't drive with it like this so i have been driving my parents truck for a few weeks:sad:

·
Registered
279 Posts
u guys sure its not the plastic wheelwell cover thats loose and rubbing on the tire when u turn?i had a similar problem when i was out in MI this summer, a loud noise when i would make a left, turned out the plastic cover was loose, but because it rubbed for so long it got bent wierd so i had to cut mosta the cover with a razor off, sound went away.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is not the plastic of the wheel well rubbing against the tire. That would make more of a rubbing noise than a metal-on-metal squeaking/squealing noise to which we are referring in this thread. My best guess would be that it is the rotor or axle...hopefully i'll find out soon.

-moo

·
Addicted to Torque!
1,498 Posts
I put PSS9't on my car and the front right strut makes a knocking/dinging noise whenever I go over bumps. Its really pissing me off!

·
Registered
341 Posts
You mentions adapter...could the inner rim be making contact with some part of your suspesion during left turn for some odd reason. If so, you'll see a shiny area at the point of contact.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MooDogg said:
I Recently posted a similar question:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49916

My dealer is going to check it out (I was finally able to replicate the sound with a service advisor in the car)...i'll keep you posted on what they say.

-moo
well i was guessing it was coming from the back but the noise is coming from the right side the car. i dont understand, would it be making contact witht he strut?

·
Registered
724 Posts
Humm, I have the same problem. The place who installed my springs and struts said that it was coming from the upper strut. Nothing serious, but damn annoying:banghead:

·
Banned
2,932 Posts
I have the same problem too guyz, I have the Fk coil for months but just start having those noise like 2 months ago. First waz some kinda loud noise from the front when making right turn, now it does that when I slowly stopping the car. Guyz please help, I went couple dealer and they can't solve the problems.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Reyn_e46 said:
Ever since i had some work done on the front right strut i have had this problem. When i make left turns there is the really loud speaking noise. It sounds like Metal rubbing on something. Could this have anything to do with H&R Race springs, even tho it was making the noise before i had them installed. I also have some wheels that need adapters, its a kinda funky setup.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I Can't drive with it like this so i have been driving my parents truck for a few weeks:sad:
Sounds like a wheel bearing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sanman10535 said:
Humm, I have the same problem. The place who installed my springs and struts said that it was coming from the upper strut. Nothing serious, but damn annoying:banghead:
i wonder what in the strut is making the noise

·
1st FULL '02 ACS 330i
576 Posts
I had the same problem too last week (on the passenger front side too). It made the loudest sound when I was backing out of a parking space and cranked my steering wheel.

Also...we had some freezing rain here on monday night. My apartment complex put small black gravel down on the parking lot. While driving in the lot, I must have picked up some of the gravel between my brake pad and rotor. For the next couple days the brake made a eff'n horrible sound. I looked at the rotor and it had a cut circle all around it. After another day or so the sound went away. Nothing to worry about I guess. :dunno:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well it sounds like a lot of people have had some kind of noise similar to mine.......but in the end they all went away by themselves:dunno:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
took it to a local shop and they told my dad they had to "Repair the backing plate" Cost 60$ hope that helps some people out.

BTW what is a backing plate??????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts