E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this problem has been going on for about two or three weeks. I posted about it a while back but then that problem went away and the car felt great, then all of a sudden while driving one day it just felt like the motor slowed down but didnt show it in the rpms??? The steering even felt heavier than normal, usually it turns with just a pinky. It seemed like I lost throttle response.

So here I am three weeks later. Engine still feels like something is holding it back when I hit the gas. Throttle response still slow and steering still seems unusually heavy. The car has not thrown any codes this intire time, so I havent been able to figure anything out. Ive looked over the entire car (except for taking the tranny off and maybe oil pan to look at everything that I cant visually inspect).

Any thoughts will be helpful. The car is still fast and shifts great, Its a Steptronic 03 330i with almost 122,000 on it.

This is the old thread, that was the oringinal problem and then it turned into this. I feel like something is going to give soon.
OP: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=890232

·
Registered
17 Posts
have you checked your air filter? need to rule any obstructions.
how does it rev when in park or neutral? any difference than when in gear?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Air filter is good to go, no obstructions. While in any gear now it the rev is normal. It doesnt jump around or anything like that it is smooth and fine.

I kind of thought vanos myself maybe I need to do new seals in it....most likely either way i need to

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
it just felt like the motor slowed down but didnt show it in the rpms??? The steering even felt heavier than normal, usually it turns with just a pinky. It seemed like I lost throttle response.
Checked belt and belt tensioners?

And for the power loss issue..I suggest you not to even bother looking elsewhere. It's powertrain. Internal engine, transmission, differential. Tranny and diff, did you check their fluid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts