E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a BMW e46 323ci 2000 and when I’m driving it sometimes just looses like 50% of the power. It accelerates slowly(up to redline) and its like it has a 1.4l engine inside but then it gets back the power and drives ok and repeat. It also has a rough idle like jumping from 800-1200k. I have deleted the secondary air pump but have the stock cats. Is the problem clogged up cats or what? Also the car was not driven for about a year and this was it first proper drive.
Thanks for any help

·
the people’s mod
2004 330Ci 115k miles
15,542 Posts
Read the trouble codes to see why it is intermittently running poorly and report back.
Likely not clogged cats as that typically would not be intermittent.

As for the right rear noise, pull off the wheel and inspect.

·
Registered
BMW 320i 2002 e46 5spd manual RHD
543 Posts
Scan it for codes, also i would smoke test it for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,701 Posts
I filled it just yesterday
If the filter is clogged and the fuel pump gummed up from the residual bad gas in the tank, it doesn't matter that you have good gas in there.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I have a BMW e46 323ci 2000 and when I’m driving it sometimes just looses like 50% of the power. It accelerates slowly(up to redline) and its like it has a 1.4l engine inside but then it gets back the power and drives ok and repeat. It also has a rough idle like jumping from 800-1200k. I have deleted the secondary air pump but have the stock cats. Is the problem clogged up cats or what? Also the car was not driven for about a year and this was it first proper drive.
Thanks for any help
Had a simliar problem a few weeks ago. Thought maybe a vacuum leak but trims and smoke test were fine. No codes.
I replaced intake cam sensor first, no dice, and then the exhaust cam sensor. Dice! Problem resolved. They don't always throw codes in my experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Read the trouble codes to see why it is intermittently running poorly and report back.
Likely not clogged cats as that typically would not be intermittent.

As for the right rear noise, pull off the wheel and inspect.
So i found out its losing power when you start it up and after a minute or two its ok but sometimes it happens mid drive on random.
Also i replaced the spark plugs and it didn’t solve the problem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Found a crack in my intake boot so i disconnected the MAF sensor and it works perfectly
Thank you all for the help

1 - 15 of 15 Posts