BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As i was changing my oil yesterday, I see there was a cable loose by the passenger side front wheel. The cable is connected to the one for the fog lamps. There isn't much slack on the cable so i figure it should go somewhere around there. The thing is I can't find the socket to connect it to. What do i do with this cable?..Is this connected to the exterior temp. sensor?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But is that the same cable though?..cause on the driver side, there is a similar setup with the cable, It is plugged into a housing right under the fog lamp which the housing is missing for the passenger side....this cable is not for the fog lamp because they work perfect

·
Registered
16,099 Posts
What color plug is it? If it's fairly large and gray then it goes to the foglights. If it's smaller and black then it goes to the temp gauge thing that's at the on the underside of the car near the foglight.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kool I will take a look at it in the morning..It's definitely the small one as the large one is already plugged into the fog lamp. It is small and Grey though not black.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i checked it today and and the one on the driver side is for the temp. sensor. When i unplug the sensor and try to attach it to the passenger side cable thats loose, it wont fit. So does our car carry one temp. sensor?..If so, i would have to replace it since it only reads 122 when on and -40 when off. And secondly, what goes on the other end being that it's not the temp. sensor????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts