BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to use the oem amp plug from the original stock amp to then run it to my aftermarket amp. does anyone know if there is a plug made to do this? if not do you think i could take apart my amp and use the plug from in there and jimmy-rig something up so i dont' have to cut off the original plug. does any one have the stock amp they are willing to sell to me so i can experiment with.:dunno: don't burn me but any comments are welcome:thumbup:

·
yo mama
1,623 Posts
you might have to cut off the factory plur of fabricate your own adapter, I dont think they sell one... if you leave enough slack you can always solder the factory one back on.

·
Registered
409 Posts
delirium couldn't be more on the mark...there's no adaptor for this. you either make one yourself, or cut way above the harness so that you can hook it back up when it's time to sell.. i'll be publishing a diagram/pic for that soon..

·
yo mama
1,623 Posts
Tex323i said:
delirium, you're not going to like the news...
Howdy Tex: whats the news? I know you & Bender didnt get a chance to meet today... boy the suspense is killing me.. but I have a small sub dilemma Im trying to take care of right now.. & a wiring dielemma

·
yo mama
1,623 Posts
Well, My IDMax was sounding good, I turned up the gain & the surround started wrinkling... ive never seen this before, it still sounds good, but the surrond would wrinkle with it got extended.. I think its ok..

My wiring dielemma was just a stupid one.. PPI can only accept 4ga & since Im running temp wires until I hook it all up, I had 2 ga going to it & it would not fit...

thanks Tex, love to see the brothahood in you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts