BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive decided im buying the umznita uforged u20 wheels. since they let u create the wheel however u want. i was gonna do a 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear.
now i talked to them and everything but i wanted your advice also. i want the car to have no rubbing. they are going on a M3.

front wheel questions:
would 245s fit on the front rims and avoid rubbing?
what spacers are needed or recommended?
should i go ahead and bump the rim up to a 19x9?

rear wheel questions:
275-285 should fit fine right?
spacer size?
if i keep the front 19x8.5 should i lower this to 9.5 instead of 10?

both:
im looking to run the wheels running flush or near flush with the bulge of the fenders. what setup do ur recommend from above info?
is it too big of a difference in width of the tires (245f - 275-285r)

other:
have u seen any cars with these wheels, i searched google for uforged u20 but found umznitas pictures only? cant ask for a photoshop either due to the angle of these wheels... wouldnt look right. unless u know how to make it look right lol.

i cant think of anymore questions.. and sorry to make it so long but thank you for all of your help and advice. u ppl are great!

here's a link to the wheels.
http://www.umnitza.com/product_info.php?cPath=71&products_id=1313

·
Registered
668 Posts
20 is too big. I am actually moving down from my 19 ZCP wheels to 18'' lightweight Enkei wheels, but those wheels have a nice design to them.
You may have some rubbing issue in the rear if you go with 285 and those wheels, but most likely you'll be OK.
I have 285's on my 19 ZCP wheels in the rear with 5mm spacers and the rear right would rub on bumps, so I took it out.
Anyway, good luck. Post pics once you get new wheels.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think that 19" wheels would be max on the m3. 20s are to big and i think you would loose the performance..

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,569 Posts
You can do 20's on an M3 but it requires some custom fitting and fender modification. I think 20s are oversized for this car and it looks odd, stick with 19s.

19x8.5 and 19x10 would be perfect provided you get the correct offsets. Go with a 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 front and rear tire to avoid rubbing as well.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i have no idea where u guys get the idea that these will be 20's???? the wheel is called u20. the wheel itself im getting are 19" .... idk where confusion came in, i stated 19x8.5 and 19x10.
i think the name of the rim could confuse.. but yea guys it will be a 19" wheel. sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do 20's on an M3 but it requires some custom fitting and fender modification. I think 20s are oversized for this car and it looks odd, stick with 19s.

19x8.5 and 19x10 would be perfect provided you get the correct offsets. Go with a 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 front and rear tire to avoid rubbing as well.
what would be the correct offset?? umznita makes these wheels to the size u want. so if i dont have to use spacers id love to just get the wheels PERFECT size.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,569 Posts
For offsets, we typically have the wheel manufacturer determine this based on the car model, brakes and sizing. This is why we work exclusively with professional wheel designers for all of our forged wheels (HRE, DPE, 360Forged, Vorsteiner, Vellano, VIP Modular etc...) as they are well versed in the correct specs for these vehicles to make sure they sit flush with the fender and avoid rubbing issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts