E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to enter the E46 Family. I want your opinion and/or what i should look for when inspecting the car before purchase ...also what do you think about a price...

Down a street from me there is a 2002 BMW 325i Sedan for sale...Its black on black sport edition....Mint Condition....67K asking $11,000.00 AUTO

The only problem is the he bought if from a dealer and the total amount of car OWNER is 4...thats seems alot correct?

also there is a accident report on car fax...he claims to be a smash of a door when someone backed into the car....HE didnt get into the accident the dealer claimed thats wht happend under last owner

ANY THOUGHTS on all this.....or should i wait for another e46?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Manual is way better then an Auto. You should look through some of the classifieds on here first, and use Autotrader/Craigslist/Cars.com. Don't jump the gun though okay?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I would wait on a 330, with fewer PO's, and no collision.. there are way plenty 46's out there just be patient. you wont regret it. GL bro

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay....Thanks for all the help....I have a 99 maxima se 3.0 now....so i should really be going for 3.0 and not 2.5 engine ...

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Get the 330, they're selling for nearly the same price, make sure you go 03 or newer so you get the 6 speed. Don't worry about previous owners too much, these cars are getting older, they're going to have more owners. As long as they were maintained and there haven't been like 3 owners in the last 18 months or something crazy they car will be fine. 11k is way high, even with the lower miles.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Got to say...THIS CAR IS A BEAUTY
How many have you test driven?

The first Imola Red ZHP I test drove appeared to be 'a beauty' - 39K miles, clean carfax, shiny, spotless, sounded incredible and drove smooth. On my second look at the car I went over it with a fine tooth comb and found evidence of extensive paint work and non-OEM replacement parts.

Don't fall in love at first sight.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Get the 330, they're selling for nearly the same price, make sure you go 03 or newer so you get the 6 speed. Don't worry about previous owners too much, these cars are getting older, they're going to have more owners. As long as they were maintained and there haven't been like 3 owners in the last 18 months or something crazy they car will be fine. 11k is way high, even with the lower miles.

Yeah i would never give him 11K...He only had this car for 4 months and he lost his job but still got to pay the bills thats why he is selling it. What price is good for this car? 8K?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts