BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really confused with this color. When people post pics of this color, it ranges from a "silverish" color to a dark gray color. What does it REALLY look like?!

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:dunno:

By the way, what is the difference between Steel Gray and Silver Gray?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Silver gray is more to the silver side, steel gray is more gray...

·
Registered
160 Posts
The color Silver Gray looks basically right in between regular Silver Metallic and the Steel Gray Metallic... It looks GOOD!!... my car is Steel Gray Metallic and sometimes I wish it were Silver Gray because it looks even better in person than it does in pictures...:D

·
Registered
182 Posts
Steel gray was replaced by Silver gray for 2003.5 on M3's and 2004 on normal E46 cars.

Silver gray is much more silvery rather than dark gray. Silver gray looks awesome in person. Steel gray, in my opinion, is way too dark. A dead color is not fitting for a car like an M3.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Here's mine. Color varies a lot with lighting. Just look at the difference front to back on mine. The pic above from the "Build your BMW" website is not a good example of the actual color.

·
call me kev :D
6,232 Posts
SilverGrey330i said:
oops mine is actually steel grey.... for the past 5 months I thought it was silver grey...
lol.. i am sorry but that's the saddest thing i've heard

·
Registered
56 Posts
@ SilverGrey330i :

Are you sure that your car is silvergrey.
I'd say that is steelgrey.

My girlfriend has a '01 steelgrey sedan and it's
exactly the same color as yours...

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ray83 said:
@ SilverGrey330i :

Are you sure that your car is silvergrey.
I'd say that is steelgrey.

My girlfriend has a '01 steelgrey sedan and it's
exactly the same color as yours...
Originally posted by SilverGrey330i
oops mine is actually steel grey.... for the past 5 months I thought it was silver grey...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts