E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for anyway to increase the preformance of my 2004 325xi. handling, response, noise, etc. Im not afraid to spend some time working on it but im looking to do it for cheap. Any ideas? :excited:

·
Banned
3,371 Posts
a 325xi will never be quick

·
Registered
387 Posts
id focus on handling. our cars are hp monsters lol. maybe get exhaust, intake, chip, but other than that id say handling is the way to go.
A really cheap way is stripping the entire car and putting in some racing seats lol =)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i got snow where i live so i had to get an xi lol plus when ur handed a bmw 325xi from your parents you dont tell them you dont want it. Does AWD really rob that much power?

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
i got snow where i live so i had to get an xi lol plus when ur handed a bmw 325xi from your parents you dont tell them you dont want it. Does AWD really rob that much power?
not only does it take more power from the wheels, but it also fvcks you on weight....

regardless... free car for you, a nice one at that... so appreciate it, mod it well, and say "yes" to your parents for everything they ask of you until the day you move out... and then some

sincerely,

someone who had to buy his car

(no i'm not being sarcastic, don't take that car for granted)

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
I take offense to this thread.

I have a 'quick' 325xi- faster than a 330i automatic in a straight line. There are plenty of quick xi's on here.

I suggest a 3.46 double diff swap and lightweight wheels- works for me.

OP- most of the fools on this forum have NO IDEA ABOUT XI's. Their comments are mostly written out of jealousy and ignorance.

It's best not to start xi threads- they just get ruined by RWDers. If you want the real deal, contact the known xi gurus like botaman, 332xi, xixixi, etc.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,082 Posts
You can make the car more responsive with an intake, exhaust and pulleys. However, you can't expect and a night and day transformation without going FI.

For suspension, I recommend the H&R Cup Kit which is a spring and shock combo that will transform the handling.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
You can make the car more responsive with an intake, exhaust and pulleys. However, you can't expect and a night and day transformation without going FI.

For suspension, I recommend the H&R Cup Kit which is a spring and shock combo that will transform the handling.
Come on man. This is exactly the garbage I was talking about above. There's no cupkit for the xi (unless it's brand new and you are the first to carry it). Shouldn't you know this?

I expect more out of a sponsor.:facepalm:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im new here and i bought my wife a 330xi. Im looking to do minor things to it. But why is there so many ppl who hate the xi? Someone askes a question about it, then they have to burn them with pointless comments. If you dont have a answer to the question, just shut up!!! But i quess some ppl have to much time on their hands. All the do is surf forums talking ****.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

+1. There are a lot of threads for us 325i wanting more power, but the conclusion of most is there is not much you can do on the cheap that will make much difference. An xi adds over 200 lbs of weigh which drags down performance and gas mileage, the 325i has the least power, and so it is not the purist's choice of car, obviously. It is the most affordable BMW and uses less gas than the 330i or M3.

I am not sure why so many are flaming the xi today. My wife has an xi, but I am going to try snow tires this year on my 325i and see how it goes.

For significant power, you have to go FI or an engine transplant on a 325i, or consider swapping the car for one of the more powerful models. Until then, the 325i owner has to enjoy the car and study the modifying options and budget, which is where I am.

·
Registered
20 Posts
some people are so ignorant...if your on a budget, go with h&r sport springs, bilstien heavy duty shocks, exhaust, intake, and a chip. and bam youve got a pretty quick car, i know this because thats the set up i run

1 - 20 of 25 Posts