BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Did a swap to a 2.8 but i have to reuse the 2.5 ecu/dme, I can't find a flash file anywhere for a 2.8. Any help with the 528i flash file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for reply. My ecu is ms43, its m54 intake manifold. 2.8 stamped on the block. It was from an e39 by the way.. How can u tell the difference m52 and m54.. Could i flash m52b28 file onto my ms43? Thanks again.

·
Registered
400 Posts
well, the engine is 100% M52 but what about the ancillaries? did you keep your original harness/maf from M54B25?
if you did so, you can use your 525 ECU as is and tune it a bit.
you cannot flash M52B28 file in MS43.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya harness and maf and whole intake from m54 325., iv no exhaust sensors at all just to add. Also I'm not great with the tuning side of it. Iv done the 2.5 ews delete flash but that's about it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, the engine is 100% M52 but what about the ancillaries? did you keep your original harness/maf from M54B25?
if you did so, you can use your 525 ECU as is and tune it a bit.
you cannot flash M52B28 file in MS43.
Could I flash the ms43 b30 file and tune it back a bit. Or if I was to add supercharger and plenium intake with bigger injectors, do u think I could tune it myself to run good. At the moment it's idling OK but lacking power driving on the road

·
Registered
400 Posts
the m54b25 file is more suitable for your engine. but of course needs tuning. go to ms4x wiki and try a bit. also logging is necessary.
going ms42 is much more work to do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No pre-cat O2 sensors? That will force DME to open loop and run poorly.
Custom headers never did the sensors. He's right tho that my engine with the double vanos is an m52tub28. I thought m52s only had vanos on the intake

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
11,593 Posts
Custom headers never did the sensors. He's right tho that my engine with the double vanos is an m52tub28. I thought m52s only had vanos on the intake
Everyone needs to realize that the M52TU and M52 are different engines. Those terms are NOT interchangeable.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The block is the same, vanos module changes between M52 and M52TU.
Need a new loom to match to drive the exhaust cam.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all. Did a swap to a 2.8 but i have to reuse the 2.5 ecu/dme, I can't find a flash file anywhere for a 2.8. Any help with the 528i flash file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hey guys, I also am looking to use ms43 to control an m52tub28. I have in the past paid for tuning, but would like to get this engine to run off the ms43 properly without spending more on something I am sure I can figure out.

Does anyone know of a way to copy maps from ms42>ms43? I know some of the timing/fueling tables are different and I suppose that is what is sketching me out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I also am looking to use ms43 to control an m52tub28. I have in the past paid for tuning, but would like to get this engine to run off the ms43 properly without spending more on something I am sure I can figure out.

Does anyone know of a way to copy maps from ms42>ms43? I know some of the timing/fueling tables are different and I suppose that is what is sketching me out.

My solution is flash MS43 binary file from Daniel F. and take the car out for testing. Then load out the Partial File from my car and adjust timing/fueling maps for the perfect AFR.

·
Registered
544 Posts
What injectors are you running? B25?

If you make everything the same as a B25, you can use the B25 file and go from there.
The MS42 used the same file for B25 and B28 so I would start from the MS43 B25 map.
Double check injectors are the same B25/B28

·
Registered
8 Posts
What injectors are you running? B25?

If you make everything the same as a B25, you can use the B25 file and go from there.
The MS42 used the same file for B25 and B28 so I would start from the MS43 B25 map.
Double check injectors are the same B25/B28
i am using an m50 intake manifold, b30 injectors, b30 maf, no cats etc..i have .bin files for both ms42 and ms43 tuned for these mods, just looking to merge them since the ms43 is from the 2.5 vs the ms42 2.8

·
Registered
400 Posts
i am using an m50 intake manifold, b30 injectors, b30 maf, no cats etc..i have .bin files for both ms42 and ms43 tuned for these mods, just looking to merge them since the ms43 is from the 2.5 vs the ms42 2.8
it cannot work without tuning. merging will not help. i mean lets be sensible its a frankenstein engine. start from a b25 or b30 file and tune.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts