BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks, looking to do a self install on a nav unit/touch screen cd/dvd player for my 2002 325i... any good ideas on which way i should go... im looking to stick around 600ish on the budget.. but can flex a lil bit... any custom made ones out there that fit well with our cars? also, how easy is it REALLY to move the climate controls to the bin thats just below... what parts do i need for that from a bmw dealer? any?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
hey folks, looking to do a self install on a nav unit/touch screen cd/dvd player for my 2002 325i... any good ideas on which way i should go... im looking to stick around 600ish on the budget.. but can flex a lil bit... any custom made ones out there that fit well with our cars? also, how easy is it REALLY to move the climate controls to the bin thats just below... what parts do i need for that from a bmw dealer? any?

Thanks!
Jeff is looking for you over in the Dynavin...er I meant the Audio Section.

:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So i checked out the link provided, interesting stuff, seems pretty straight forward..... but... are there any other systems out there? just curious, im one that likes to compare if possible... :) thats right in my budget though.. :-D

·
Registered
665 Posts
nope Dynavin is the only way to go.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
No. You can get a custom double din, modify your HVAC channel with fiberglass etc, buy a steering wheel control adapter, and with anything decent you'd be out at least $1K. There are similar units from random vendors, and ebay; but they suck compared to Dynavin. It is the only option, especially with your budget.

·
Registered
865 Posts
hey folks, looking to do a self install on a nav unit
[and I don't feel like Searching] :thumbup:

the Dynavin
[should have /'d thread] :D

well you go tell jeff im over here... seriously though haha
[weak attempt at male -bonding humor] :tsk:

I am looking to go these route as well
[there's always someone jumping in] :eeps:

seems pretty straight forward..... but... are there any other systems out there?
[borderline jerky] :facepalm:

nope Dynavin is the only way to go.
[should have /'d thread now] :thanks:

It is the only option, especially with your budget.
[this should be the end of it] :thumbsup:

:clap:

Go get the Dynavin already, and enjoy it... :rofl:

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
So i checked out the link provided, interesting stuff, seems pretty straight forward..... but... are there any other systems out there? just curious, im one that likes to compare if possible... :) thats right in my budget though.. :-D
Like others mentioned, nothing really competes with the Dynavin for plug-n-play setup (mostly) and price.

You are right, very straight forward unit, install took me about 1 hour...easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts