BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older gentleman who's a used car dealer in middle Tennessee watching the Mannheim auction in Atlanta. If we find the car I want, he will purchase it. I then write 2 checks: one to him for what he paid for it, and another to him for $1000.00 for his efforts.(Keeps sales tax down-I'm paying him for his services)

Does anybody know of any other dealers in the southeast that do this sort of thing?
This guy is great, but we haven't seen what I'm looking for in Atlanta, (been watching for 3 months),and that's the only one he's watching.

He's not computer savy, and I wonder if I'm missing some other good auctions in the South that a more modern dealer might see on the internet. Your thoughts would be appreciated, and if you know anyone, leads would help-if allowed in this forum. If not, then a direct email to [email protected] would be appreciated.

As an add on question, do prices paid for convertibles go down in the winter at these auctions? I started out looking for a 325Cic, and now I'm after a 330Cic.

·
The Whirlwind
473 Posts
My father can do this for only $500. I will PM you his email address.

·
Registered
874 Posts
sorry to thread jack but where in tennessee are you

·
The Whirlwind
473 Posts
krs71 said:
how much do you think your father can find a 2001 or 2002 Denali for?
I've sent you a PM also.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not in Atlanta but....

My dad, who lives in Austin, used these people to get a Jaguar from an auction:

www.texas-jaguar.com

They also will do BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, etc. I had them looking for a BMW for me and found me a great one but wouldn't give me enough for my truck in trade. The BMW that I almost bought from them was actually at an auction in Atlanta. Evidently, they have clients from all over the country.

They search lists of available cars and will let you know when a car fits your criteria. Unfortunately, you have to agree to buy the car based on their description of the quality, lots of pictures, Car Fax, etc. Unless the car isn't as promised, you are obligated to buy it. I am not sure exactly how it works since I didn't close a deal with them but I know my dad is happy with his purchase and the price. The BMW that they found for me was a loaded 2002 TiAg 330CI with 15K miles for $29.5k back in March. I would probably be driving it right now if they would have offered me more money for my truck.

Fortunately, i found a 2003 325CI TiAg with only 8,500 miles in May for less money locally after I sold my truck privately for $3000 more than Texas Jaguar offered me for it sight unseen so I don't regret passing on the '02.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts