BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
I very much rather some M5 style mirrors than e36 M3 style (shudders). I suggest just looking for OEM ones, it's the only way you're going to be happy. Look around on here and the overseas eBays, especially the countries with RHD cars.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I got my mirrors from Jason @ Eurodivision. Good fittment but took ages to install. They are the ACS cf ones.

The only way to be 110% sure which connectors you have is to open your mirrors and have a look.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what's wrong with the ACS mirror from Jason? why did it take you ages to install?

btw, love your BBS with the huge brake disc :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Hi guys
I have 01' 325CI with memory seat but have not checked if it is 6-pin connector or not
I searched around ebay, cant find any ACS/Hamann/M3 style mirror and I dont want M5 style for sure.

The best thing I can find is this E36 M3 style for E46 coupe
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...akeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Any suggestions guys?
The link you posted is for US left hand drive cars, you need right hand drive mirrors.
Your options are -
Replica M5 style mirrors (all so called M3 style replica mirrors are in fact the larger M5 shape)
ACS style mirrors
OEM M3 mirrors

Personally I'd go for OEM M3 mirrors, look on UK ebay for right hand drive mirrors

As Miss325 pointed out the best way to find which pin connector you have is to take the interior door panel off and check but having said that, for your year car if you non autofold electric mirrors with memory function then chances are it's 12 pin .

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
what's wrong with the ACS mirror from Jason? why did it take you ages to install?

btw, love your BBS with the huge brake disc :thumbsup:
The quality of the housing its self is fantastic, as is the cf weave. I just had some issues with the hole that the wiring needs to be fed through, and as I did the install in the dead of the night I couldn't break out the power drill to widen the holes, so I had to do it by hand.

Overall though, they are awesome quality, and fit is 100% :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The link you posted is for US left hand drive cars, you need right hand drive mirrors.
Your options are -
Replica M5 style mirrors (all so called M3 style replica mirrors are in fact the larger M5 shape)
ACS style mirrors
OEM M3 mirrors

Personally I'd go for OEM M3 mirrors, look on UK ebay for right hand drive mirrors

As Miss325 pointed out the best way to find which pin connector you have is to take the interior door panel off and check but having said that, for your year car if you non autofold electric mirrors with memory function then chances are it's 12 pin .
what is the difference between the side mirror for LHD and RHD? aren't they just have difference in the actual mirror?

The quality of the housing its self is fantastic, as is the cf weave. I just had some issues with the hole that the wiring needs to be fed through, and as I did the install in the dead of the night I couldn't break out the power drill to widen the holes, so I had to do it by hand.

Overall though, they are awesome quality, and fit is 100% :)
so does the Jason one still need to swap back my original motor to the ACS mirror?

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
what is the difference between the side mirror for LHD and RHD? aren't they just have difference in the actual mirror?
The actual mirror housing is at a different angle on LHD mirrors compared to our RHD.
Stand in front of your car and take a look at your mirrors and you'll notice that the passenger side mirror is a slightly different length and angle compared to the driver's side, so with LHD it's the opposte.

so does the Jason one still need to swap back my original motor to the ACS mirror?
Yes I believe so

·
Registered
3,998 Posts

Yes. You are buying the housing and mounting plate and mirror only.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have some carbon fibre ACS mirrors should you wish to buy them, I managed to get some M3 reps for nothing so they are just sitting around looking pretty.

PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have some carbon fibre ACS mirrors should you wish to buy them, I managed to get some M3 reps for nothing so they are just sitting around looking pretty.

PM me if you are interested.
Any pics??

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts