BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I just got my e46 and I am looking for a decent shop in the mountain view <-> santa clara (ca) area? Something that is affordable, honest and does reputable work?

Any recommendations?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Kirberg Motors in Belmont, CA does great work. The owner, Ralph, is an honest guy who takes the time to explain/show you what he is doing. I had him do Inspection I/II, Oil Change, and new front and back brakes. I now do all that stuff DIY, but I recommend Ralph if you aren't into doing it yourself. I also have a friend who takes his 01 M3 there are is also very happy.

http://kirbergmotors.com/

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the place tfoxsf! I'll keep that place in mind, but I was hoping for a little further south...

A 'general' mechanic is what I am lookin for. I don't have any specific needs right now (suspension, electrical, etc...) but I want to find a place that will help me keep it that way. like places that are open with me about what is going on and what they are doing. I am pretty mechanically inclined (i had to maintain a e30 before this....), and don't want to get the usual fluff.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
be honest with you..... anything major on my ride I take it to Central Valley Autohaus -Modesto.

Doug the owner is an awesome - no nonsense - very experienced BMW mechanic.
(209) 238-3722

Scott Parker Motorsports is in Pleasanton. he's good too and also knows Doug well.
(925) 249-8899

not exactly where you were looking for.... but what you were looking for definately.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Bavarian Motorsport in Milpitas.

Ramon & Nicole are good people.

Maybe not the cheapest, but zero bullshit and top notch work. Ramon's also an instructor with the BMW Car Club -- I've had everything that I didn't do myself on M3 done there.

http://www.bavarianmotorsport.net/

·
Registered
108 Posts
my dad owns a body shop in downtown san jose
Peter Auto Body & Paint :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts