BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BMW-dealer called me yesterday - my new mod has arrived:

I will install them during the winter... :D

How do feel the new LED taillights?

Greetings from Germany

Daniel

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think you bought one too many cable sets. All you needed was one set which includes both the right and left adaptor cables....:thumbup:

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Steve

Yes, but at the moment I have vacation... :)

@ MarxM3

My euro "conversion kit" included too many cable sets - perhaps as reserve?

Daniel

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
db-330Ci said:
@ Steve

Yes, but at the moment I have vacation... :)

Daniel
:thumbup:

I think they look better, but I don't think they have a retrofit kit for a 2001 coupe. I read somewhere you have to buy a new light control box and all sorts. Too much dosh IMHO.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ Steve

All e46 coupé's before 09/2001 need a new light control box for the LED taillights ( 200€ )

Daniel

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
db-330Ci said:
@ Steve

All e46 coupé's before 09/2001 need a new light control box for the LED taillights ( 200€ )

Daniel
Plus the cost of the lights right? How much are they?

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Wow! :yikes:

They look good and I can't wait to see pics when you get them installed, but I think I'll stick with my boring "analog" bulbs ;)

·
needs a proper photoshoot..
643 Posts
Oh man that looks nice, post some pics after the install. I also had a question so i pm-ed you. hope you dont mind.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,303 Posts
Can I score LED tailight for my car from my local dealer? How much would I be looking to pay? And would it be easy to retrofit them into my 02 coupe? Any info would be greatly appreciated...

·
'a certain moderator'
35,565 Posts
looks real good man, but if it were me, i would keep the trunk lights that are on the older coupe, with the Reverse lights that do NOT have the red surrounding part on them. that in combination with the new LED tails is the best combo IMHO

props for workin this retrofit in, ur car looks :pimpin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts