BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I don't have that much cash to spend on $$$ mods these days, I figured it would be nice to give my engine a nice show touch. All I need now is a front strut tower brace....heheh :)

Notice the new Hamann Eyelids too (courtesy of another Fanatic...M3GURL) for my b-day gift.

Just thought you guys might want to see it!

:thumbup:

late,
rick

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Cool, I've never seen anyone go with orange for their engine covers. Props for being unique. :thumbup:

Did you do it yourself or have it done somewhere?

How come your eyelids don't look like they're painted? :dunno:

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5 coats of high temp red paint and 3 coats of high temp clearcoat with sanding in between. It wasn't hard but did take a lot of prep time.

uh oh, does that look orange???? It's supposed to be red to contrast with my Imola Red interior!

rick

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I was thinking to do mine Silver with OEM paint.

I have to have some hood damage repaired from ice falling off my roof. I figure they would have alot of left-over paint and see if they would paint my front air intake and airbox Titanium Silver and clear coat it. Oh my car is titanium silver if anyone didn't catch that.

Opinions?

·
Registered
319 Posts
pAINT

Rick, your car rocks and pretty much you can gettaway with anything. :thumbup:
Personally, I'm not big on painting them red. It's kind of breaking that whole "BEAST UNDER THIS HOOD" notion. But like I said your car looks sweet and will make everything look good.:thumbup:
Don't paint the engine cover though...please :D :lmao:

·
Banned
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL, no eyelids man SL500! haha

No I specifically chose cheap "removeable" parts to paint red so if the dealer gives me any SH$%, I can tell them it has nothing to do with the motor. I would never disassemble the motor to paint any covers! However I did hear from a friend that Dinan has a CF engine cover I may look into. As for the Gruppe M intake, nah, don't want to touch my beautiful motor since the car is running terrific right now. If I still have my car in the near future, perhaps a CSL airbox might be in order.....

The red is quite nice accents to an otherwise stock engine bay. All I need is to get that billet strut tower brace now :)

rk

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,962 Posts
no it looks red a light red

looks very nice its the lights and camera to congrt. on the job
bobm3 ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts