BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Look at what my friends did to my car.

My car was peacefully parked on my drive way until my friends came over and attempted to park next to me. Needless to say, they hit my car :banghead: I took it to the body shop and they quoted me $600.00 to fix and paint. Life sux right now.

But...could this be fate? I had a poll on this board about a week ago on whether I should get my Hamann PG3 or the Tornado body kit. Now that my bumper is a bit scratched, should I get it now? This is my first big $$$$ mod and a little nervous.

thanks you guys..

Tony

Attachments

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
time to get both now :D since ur friend should offer to pay for the damage

·
Registered
769 Posts
ddamn, that sux....$600 fix that? um i think way too much,....the body shop i went, cost less than $150 repaint(repair)bumper,but wel got hook up,coz all my friends went there, not great paint job,but not bad ,its at Los Angeles, so cant hook u up...good luck, ask your friend to fix it anyway...

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,327 Posts
wow 600 hudred!!!i rather use white out...seriously seems a bit high.. for a scratch.Thats messed up wat ur friend did..hopefully he pitches in..sorry to hear

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya it is a little high. There is also some minor damage to the rear fender. You cant tell very well with the picture I posted. Either way, the repair is high. So i think its a "GO" with the tornado kit.
I guess the PG3 will have to wait a month or so, that is if i work my ass off. Its gonna be hard with a full class load this semester.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Do what I did, get some paint thinner and apply it on a cloth. The rub it into the scratches and apply wax immediately after it is done.

However, if the scratch is too deep than go to the body shop. I only did this to save money until I got my kit:thumbup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
had something like that happen to my car a while ago. I paid a lil less than 600 to get my whole rear bumper repainted. I know it seems a little much but they repainted the WHOLE bumper and made it match my car.

However, if you have the money, get the Tornado back :thumbup:

·
Registered
380 Posts
600 doesnt seem taht much actually if you bring it to the shop and have them fix the fender and have them repaint the bumper. those all add up and its costs man hours and paint to do it. If the price justifies teh quality then its all good. Before i tried to save money and brought my to a shop that did really low price jobs and the paint turned out like crap. everything on the car went cheap automatically. they put less paint on the car and less clear coat. that is why they charge you so cheap. just from my experience. the last time someone hit me like that the repair was a bit over 600. but then it was the other guys fault and insurance paid for it. so i brought it to a better one this time and i must say there is a FAT difference... BTW are you guys still friends?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, hes still my friend. He apologized a million times cause he knows how much I care for my car. He offered to pay so its cool. With his money and my Christmas money, I'll be able to get my kit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
221 Posts
That is a seriously high price, X. My dad did almost exactly the same damage your pic shows, and the body shop buffed out most of it and had to paint a small portion of the bumper. Total damage: $345.00.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You've got a responsible friend. If you were thinking of upgrading the damaged bumper anyway, why make your friend pay to fix something you don't want fixed? He's not an insurance company. I'd say split the difference and take $300.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts