BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the longest period (Miles) you've driven your car after a computer stated oil service? Meaning how many miles over the computer stated service interval did you drive your car before you went in for the actual service?

·
yuppie racing
1,902 Posts
90 miles I guess

I had a friend that had an appointment for his 14,000 mile oil change a week in advance, and when he went to his scheduled time, he was 20 miles shy of 14,000 miles. BMW turned him away and told him to come back at 14,000 miles. BMW service sux.....

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, that sux. I was 200 or so miles early once, and they did the service. But now, i'm about 3K over and I just topped off my oil level, so i can go another 1K or so..... stupid appointments...

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
bmwti said:
90 miles I guess

I had a friend that had an appointment for his 14,000 mile oil change a week in advance, and when he went to his scheduled time, he was 20 miles shy of 14,000 miles. BMW turned him away and told him to come back at 14,000 miles. BMW service sux.....
Thats some bullshiet:thumbdwn:

·
Banned
2,938 Posts
lilherc79 said:
wow, that sux. I was 200 or so miles early once, and they did the service. But now, i'm about 3K over and I just topped off my oil level, so i can go another 1K or so..... stupid appointments...
how often u change your oil?

·
Registered
919 Posts
bmwti said:
90 miles I guess

time for a new dealership :D

btw, its 15,000 or 1 year after purchase of car, whichever. :eeps:

·
yuppie racing
1,902 Posts
really?? my dealer offers 14,000 miles for your first oil change for free and thats how they set my comp at???

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,337 Posts
In my Acura CL I drove like 5000 miles after the indicated oil changed interval. End of lease was coming up and I didn't want to spend the $ on it.

·
Believe it!!!
844 Posts
dang.... i was over a year since the date of service for my car.. and i didnt know that info until a later date... my bmw center sux cause they didnt even offer to check my service date and i had my first oil change at 15000 i think... i'm not even sure. maybe it was done even later..

i think i was 600 miles over or something like that... :(

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,834 Posts
bmwti said:
........he was 20 miles shy of 14,000 miles. BMW turned him away and told him to come back at 14,000 miles. BMW service sux.....
Time to get a new dealership or do some spirited driving around the lot to get those last few miles down fast :D

·
'a certain moderator'
36,818 Posts
i drove 200 miles past when the service indicator told me i should change the oil, but it was still done at 13,5xx miles, i guess i drive hard?

-brendan

·
Registered
41 Posts
so you guys actually wait the 15,000 miles to change the oil? i was thinking about bringing in my car to get and oil change but i only have about 7,000 miles on it. 15,000 sounds way too long to wait. how much will they charge me if i dont wait the required miles?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts