BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was behind this jaguar XKR where R was red so you know it is gonna whoop my ass. Well I just wanted to see how fast the fcker was so I changed my lane and pulled next to him at the light.
When light turned green, we both started normal then I gunned the engine and moved 1 car ahead. he waited for 2 secs then he gunned his engine and I was looking at his R badge within a second.

I knew he would eat me alive, I just wanted to see how bad.

Later I checked their wesite and that thing is a monster
Supercharged V8- 390hp vs Little I-6 that could

·
Registered
96 Posts
:D

Sometimes I do that too, just to see how fast the car other really is.

I did it with a Corvette recently, with Doug Rippie stickers all over it and a license plate that said 550 HP. It was summer so our windows were down at one of those rare side-by-side traffic metering on-ramps. It's like a drag race start. :)

So I was next to him and I launched just to make him go. He did. The funny part was, while it *was* fast, the guy was so bad at shifting it -- think nearly 1 second pauses between shifts -- it was not a bad a beating as I was expecting.

:)

·
Registered
903 Posts
I got to drive an xkr for about 2 weeks when my car was in the shop (family members) and it is NUTS! so fast, i just tried to race everyone i saw.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to take off with that car from a NJ toll booth! Give the toll collector some smoke!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts