BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To my surprise today I found pics of my car and spoiler on eBay today and the seller had the audacity to say in his listing that pics are from his customer, when in fact I was never his customer, lol.

EDIT: 8/4/11 1pm - Looks like the eBay seller took down his listing after I politely got in touch with him.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The pics he used are owned by Eurotuner Magazine who took those pics for my magazine feature with them years back. :tsk:

http://www.eurotuner.com/featuredvehicles/eurp_0811_2000_bmw_323i/index.html

I've contacted the seller and asked him politely to take the pics out of his listing and that they're owned by Eurotuner Magazine.

LOL... when I saw that spoiler pic I said to myself that it looks awfully familiar but then I saw my car in the next pic and was like, WTF. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well then, THIS BUDS FOR YOU!!!!!

Who wants to look at your rear spoiler anyway.

Sorry. I just think its petty.

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well then, THIS BUDS FOR YOU!!!!!

Who wants to look at your rear spoiler anyway.

Sorry. I just think its petty.
WTF is your problem? There's nothing petty about anything... no need for you to be a douche.

I'm not asking anyone to look at my rear spoiler... fact is the pics are copyrighted and were used without permission.

You can take your BUDS and shove it up where the sun don't shine, newbie.

·
Registered
575 Posts
LOL, this happened to my Benz. Those sellers probably just go on google and search up photots.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Hahah wow. I hate sellers that use other pics as their own. Seen it from a couple of vendors on here as well... At least he choose a dope car :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
The douche even watermarks them as his own :tsk:

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, this happened to my Benz. Those sellers probably just go on google and search up photots.
LOL... yeah, I hear you. Don't know what was OrientBlau's problem nor why his panties are in a bunch, but whatever... I'm actually doing the seller a favor since the magazine takes the unlawful use of their pics very seriously.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
will read again

here i was.. thinking it was someone trying to sell your actual car and not just using pictures of it as reference.

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Its just that I wouldn't bother with all the hoopla to have it removed, etc. What difference does it make and how does it affect your life negatively. Technically, you arent the photo owner and legally have no say in its usage. If you want to tattle to the publication, then its their preogative to have it removed. Just be happy someone found your spoiler good looking. Personally, CF doesnt appeal to me and I think the stuff looks ridiculous, but I understand you young guys drool over CF parts. You save 2 lbs!!!! Stupendous!! :rolleyes: Maybe Im getting old. I dont like any deviation from stock. That is all! :blah:

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,809 Posts
lol you called Bionic/million dollar man young...

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its just that I wouldn't bother with all the hoopla to have it removed, etc. What difference does it make and how does it affect your life negatively. Technically, you arent the photo owner and legally have no say in its usage. If you want to tattle to the publication, then its their preogative to have it removed. Just be happy someone found your spoiler good looking. Personally, CF doesnt appeal to me and I think the stuff looks ridiculous, but I understand you young guys drool over CF parts. You save 2 lbs!!!! Stupendous!! :rolleyes: Maybe Im getting old. I dont like any deviation from stock. That is all! :blah:
Ignorant newbie... I'm older than you.

So if someone decides to sell crap on eBay and chooses to use a picture of you to sell their crap then it's ok? It's the principle here... the seller could have easily taken their own picture and posted it up but instead go thru the trouble of taking my pictures, removing the watermark that the magazine put there, seller puts his own watermark and then claims the pictures are from his customer. That's dishonest. If he had at least given credit to the magazine then that's one thing, but he didn't.

·
Registered
26,534 Posts
:rofl: Yay Navin! lol. I had the same thing not too long back on ebay, but with my headlights.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ignorant newbie... I'm older than you.

So if someone decides to sell crap on eBay and chooses to use a picture of you to sell their crap then it's ok? It's the principle here... the seller could have easily taken their own picture and posted it up but instead go thru the trouble of taking my pictures, removing the watermark that the magazine put there, seller puts his own watermark and then claims the pictures are from his customer. That's dishonest. If he had at least given credit to the magazine then that's one thing, but he didn't.
Dont be mad. I know it sucks when others have different opinions, doesnt it?

You are the man though. Quite noble of you to exact justice! I was obviously wrong. We should all be more petty in life.

BTW, dont little insecure girls call others "newbies"? It does get kind of old. Ive actually owned my car for 9 years. Im sure that makes me a newbie. :rolleyes: Im also just shy of 40. How would you know that your older than me, unless youre so old to the point of being creepy. Is this you? :eek:

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rofl: Yay Navin! lol. I had the same thing not too long back on ebay, but with my headlights.
Sorry to hear that Cole. :(

·
Europrojektz East
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dont be mad. I know it sucks when others have different opinions, doesnt it?

You are the man though. Quite noble of you to exact justice! I was obviously wrong. We should all be more petty in life.

BTW, dont little insecure girls call others "newbies"? It does get kind of old. Ive actually owned my car for 9 years. Im sure that makes me a newbie. :rolleyes: Im also just shy of 40. How would you know that your older than me, unless youre so old to the point of being creepy. Is this you? :eek:
You don't know me to pass judgement. My issue with you is that your an ignorant newbie... and no, insecure girls don't call one another newbies... I just call it as I see it.

You clearly have nothing constructive to post and this is a COMMUNITY... kindly crawl back under your rock and leave, "just shy of 40" newbie.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
lolz

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
the rule is if he edits the picture more then 3 times then its "his own creation". I have done alots of research on photo editing copyrights, for personal reasons and thats pretty much it. Sucks I know. Hes making money off of your car.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You don't know me to pass judgement. My issue with you is that your an ignorant newbie... and no, insecure girls don't call one another newbies... I just call it as I see it.

You clearly have nothing constructive to post and this is a COMMUNITY... kindly crawl back under your rock and leave, "just shy of 40" newbie.
I'll go spend a fortune on CF and then Ill be an internets expert like you! :lmao:

Pleae tell me youre a mentally challenged adult.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts