BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I had a quick question. I just had LoJack installed on my M3, and I wanted to know what insurance companies you all use, and if they give discounts on LoJack. Any info would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
hi i have travels you can get up to 25%

MY INSURENCE AGENT TOLD ME YOU CAN GET UP TO 25 % OFF
on all your discounts with travelers
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
21th Century is 15% off comprehensive. For me, that means that in 10 yrs, I will get my money back from the cost of lojack :D

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mfspolo: No, there is no monthly charge for LoJack. They have an additional part of the system that can be added called "Early Warning". It will notify your cell/pager/email/etc if your car is moved w/o the "sensor pass" supplied w/ the system. It's pretty cool. So it's like having an alarm, away from your car. So you could notify the police sooner. I'd look into it by checking at your local BMW dealer, or www.lojack.com ...! After it was installed, I felt a "calm" come over me. :D

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
How much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking? The early entry warning does sound nice, but just not sure how much this would all cost :)
TIA..

·
Modded
1,162 Posts
oh damn. Another McDonalds M3! J/K bro. I was thinking of getting the same combo, but change my mind in the last minute. You're in Ontario 909?
I heard LoJack is useless these days. My insurance is already cheap without LoJack. Just be a good driver. It paid off.

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NickACS: To be honest, my salesman hooked me up w/ LoJack when I bought the car. I believe (if my eyes read me right), it was about $500.00, but I'm not sure. I know that he lowered the car to factor in the LoJack so that I'd be paying the same price. As for the Early Warning system, it's $250.00 as a one time fee....or you can choosed to pay annually $110.00, or monthly $9.99. So there are a range of payment options.

BMW_M3_Power: Yep, Ontario 909 here! I know insurance isn't as bad, but I got it for peace of mind. Though BMW theft isn't big around here, it just gives me a safer feeling to have it. I'm already paranoid about car theft ever since a civic of mine was stolen. Then again, Honda/Acura theft has been on the rise because the market is strong for parts off of them, but still...paranoia I guess! Who's your insurance through?

Attachments

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like I gotta call Mercury. :D Got a number? Do you have any tickets on your records BMW M3 Power?

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I'll only be 24 in feb., and I have one ticket on my record. Maybe it won't be so bad, but when you give me the # to the insurance place, I'll see what they say. How do you like your KW's? I have some on order at D2Technik, but I wanted to know your feedback on them. ARe they easily adjustable.

Attachments

·
Modded
1,162 Posts
I looked it up, maybe it's better call AIS first. I mean you have to pay an extra $70 for broker's fee, but that's what I did. Number -is 1-800-772-4247.

KW is awesome. Very happy with it. Get it man. You won't regret it, and wait for group buy in renn-sport. I think they have another one in January? :)

·
Law Enforcer
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks bro! I'll call AIS and Mercury tomorrow. Another satisfied E46 enthusiast insurance referral. We should get commission! :D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts