BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this issue as I haven't been able to find anything concrete on where exactly to look for it.

Basically the guy that did my road worthy is a tosser and wrote down the wrong number on my roadworthy. Instead of simply fixing his mistake he now says he needs to sight it on the car. But he doesn't seem to know where it is.

Does anyone know definitely where to get this number from
Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
im pretty sure its located near the bottom of the engine block..and the car has to be up on a hoist to be able to see it..
dont hold me to it, its just what i heard..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks for that i will check it out.
i have also heard that the number is on the back firewall behind the engine. can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
388 Posts
ok thanks for that i will check it out.
i have also heard that the number is on the back firewall behind the engine. can anyone confirm that?
Have a look and you'll be able to confirm yourself.

The number on the fire wall will be the chassis number; is that what your after? or the engine number?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm after the engine number.

So the one on the firewall is not the number that I need. Does anyone which side of the engine the number is on? So if I'm facing the engine which side should I be looking at.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
its under the car, needs to be on hoist, exact same thing happened to me when i baught my 320... and brissyjohn is corrrect on it location

1 - 7 of 7 Posts