BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for the location of block heater for e46 m3...I didn't see that was option when I purchased...even nothing about it on owner's manual....anyone know about it? factory has it that's an option? I checked bmw canada web site...no block heater for any bmw vehicle??........probably just not for m3?! it will be fine to start the vehicle when it's -20 or colder outside?!?! hmmm....:dunno:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
probably no block heater for bmw?? even for audi and benz?!
I told with a friend who owned ml430...he said even for his car, no black heater........then no block heater?!?!? hmmm....:confused:

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,763 Posts
you can get aftermarket oil heaters that replace the stock dipstick. Not sure if they work on BMWs but that would be an easy cheap solution. Otherwise ask your dealer or a good performance shop what they recommend.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,470 Posts
Hmmm I don't think high performance cars such as the M3 were designed to drive in super extreme climates.....-20C is pretty hardcore. I would just keep my car garaged if I were you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts