BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

What should i get???

• Lip Spoiler

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Paint my Body Moldings to match car

Votes: 15 78.9%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a student so ive scrounged up some money and am taking a poll for wat to do ... either get a lip spoiler or paint my body moldings?
tnx for ur time

·
Registered
778 Posts
Wait a little longer and save up to do both at the same time. You'll save some money on the painting.

Edit: Forgot to say that if you can't wait and save up a $100 for the spoiler but you're driving a bmw, there's something wrong with this picture :rolleyes:

·
www.piratecove.org
3,699 Posts
spoiler
do the moldings yourself for the cost of a can of paint/clear coat and some sandpaper.

·
is on da floor
2,803 Posts
Wrong Way said:
Wait a little longer and save up to do both at the same time. You'll save some money on the painting.
:werd:

I would do that, but if i had to pick between the two, i would paint the moldings.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i didnt buy the car... parents did .. but they dont mod i do.... so sorry if u cant understand why 150 dollars is not change for me .... and id rather let dealer paint or a body shop over me. but tnx for the idea

·
Registered
846 Posts
I say paint the moldings. That will change your car more than the spoiler. It cost me $300 to paint mine.

·
First 19" ZHP
1,304 Posts
dont paint the moldings yourself i did it and they turned out good but i removed it because it chipped easily i'd feel better if i had it done by a professional oh ya btw get the moldings painted first

·
Registered
778 Posts
MIV4N said:
well i didnt buy the car... parents did .. but they dont mod i do.... so sorry if u cant understand why 150 dollars is not change for me .... and id rather let dealer paint or a body shop over me. but tnx for the idea
If $150 is a problem, I'd wait it out. X-mas is right around the corner and if the folks can get you a bmw, I'm sure you can ask for a spoiler for x-mas. If a body shop is charging you $200-300 to paint the moldings, a primed OEM spoiler shouldn't cost more than $20-30 if done at the same time.

·
Registered
180 Posts
if u don't have money...sell your car, buy yourself a nice lil civic and mod you a$$ off!!!! or u could deal drugs...(modding is the devil)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ive got the money in mutual funds in bank accounts but my dad really doesnt want me touching it until later in college or law school. Everytime i bring up just taking out a grand he gives me a guilt trip that its just a car ur gona sell sooner or later.. lol so these little mods count for me :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts