E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a automatic 2000 323ci that i can not get out of limp mode. It was in limp mode when i first got it and all it needed to fix it was a new maf and it worked. Now around a year later it is back in limp mode. I have tried putting in another maf and it did not work. I have found out if you put it into gear right as you start it it will stay out of it until it is put back in park. I am starting to wonder if it is a transmission issue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
So i have a automatic 2000 323ci that i can not get out of limp mode. It was in limp mode when i first got it and all it needed to fix it was a new maf and it worked. Now around a year later it is back in limp mode. I have tried putting in another maf and it did not work. I have found out if you put it into gear right as you start it it will stay out of it until it is put back in park. I am starting to wonder if it is a transmission issue. Any ideas?
What brand of MAF?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MOSTPLUS Mass Air Flow Sensor Meter MAF Compatible for Santa Fe Sonata Tiburon Tuscon V6 2.5 2.7L 28164-37200. It is not made for the e46 but is a perfect fit and worked perfectly fine the first time when i had the problem.[

·
Registered
2003 330i
111 Posts
Clear throttle body adaptions on inpa it worked with mine. Dunno how or why it worked but I cleared the adaptions turned the car on and it was as good as new haven’t had any problems since and it accelerates sooo good now. Wouldn’t hurt to try 🤷‍♂️

1 - 9 of 9 Posts