E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On October 14th, I’ll be walking in The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Light The Night® Walk to raise funds to help fight cancer. The Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.

This will be the third year that my family and I have walked after my Grandmother was diagnosed with Leukemia in March of 2004. Sadly, she lost her battle with Leukemia on October 14th, 2004. I promised her that I would walk every year that I possibly could in her memory.

If you are interested in walking with us, collecting donations for our team, or making a donation yourself, please PM me.

Walk Information:
When: Saturday, October 14, 2006 8PM
Where: Centennial Olympic Park
Who: Anyone who wants to fight cancer is invited to join. No particular level of fitness is required.
How: We encourage every walker to beat the national average amount $100 by setting their individual goal to at least $150. Our team goal is $1,000.
Why: The need for cures is critical: Every five minutes, someone in this country is diagnosed with blood cancer. Every ten minutes, someone dies. Leukemia is the leading cause of cancer death among children and young adults under the age 20.

Fundraising Rewards: All participants raising $100 or more will receive an illuminated balloon and a T-shirt to wear during the Walk. Walkers raising $300, $500, $1,000, $2,500 or more can receive other exciting gifts. Visit www.lightthenight.org for more gift information.

Thank you very much for your support.
Sincerely,
Angie

·
Registered
45,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Domi84 said:
Hey Angie, I just saw the link. I'll pm you next month. Till then, i give you a free bump for this good case. :thumbsup:

cheers,
Thanks, Domi. :) I just got the link to my website from the Leukemia Society this weekend. I still have to set it up and then I'll post it so I can accept donations online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts