E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I think im pretty sure that the Bilstein coilovers have a lifetime warranty and can be replaced by under warranty even if they get soft. I found this information from searching.

Anyways, my question is this. If I were to buy a set from a previous owner, of lets say Bilstein PSS coils, will I still have that warranty? How will I be able to continue that warranty the original owner had? :dunno:

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AlexRDI330ci said:
No. Technically, only the original owner is covered by the lifetime warranty.
However, if you have the original receipt, and they have not been abused, Bilstein usually honors it.
Did you have any experience with this yourself? Can you elaborate more if possible? Thanks!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ci FLY said:

Did you have any experience with this yourself? Can you elaborate more if possible? Thanks!
Well as far as the technical warranty, that's what Bilstein offers - "original owner". Regarding what they'll actually repair or replace, I have a friend who's owned a high end tire shop for 20 years. That's what he told me.
Does that help?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlexRDI330ci said:

Well as far as the technical warranty, that's what Bilstein offers - "original owner". Regarding what they'll actually repair or replace, I have a friend who's owned a high end tire shop for 20 years. That's what he told me.
Does that help?
yea it does. has anyone gotten the reciept from the original owner to continue the warranty?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.