BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 of my License plate light bulbs went out.
only had the car for 4 months now and its an 03.

do i have a problem or it is just a bad bulb.

where do i find a replacement bulb?

is it safe to replace with those xenon look bulbs or will they melt my housing?

i checked bavauto.com, but they dont have the License plate bulb listed.

·
'a certain moderator'
37,714 Posts
i'd leave them out. i dont like people seeing my plate all the time.

cops wont like it tho, of course

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
In Naples, often times, cops will come right up to your bumper and shine their spotlight on your plate regardless of whether or not your plate light works. This is usually when they're searching for a stolen car similar to yours.

I doubt it would be a big deal. I've never had problems with my clears, blinkers, tint or anything else when it comes to cops here. They're not particularly strict about modifications.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If cops wanna f*ck with you, they'll pick out any reason to pull you over... even over a stupid license plate light being burnt out! trust me, it happened to ME!

·
is on da floor
2,851 Posts
you can get a replacement from your dealer, and i wouldnt use the xenon look bulbs just because of the possibility that they MIGHT melt the housing. but if they dont melt them (which i'm not sure if they do or not) then go right ahead and use them, i dont see why not :thumbup:

·
1,101 Posts
i just replaced mine this weekend, i went to AUTOZONE, bring down the bulb to compare it -many look alike.
you have to get the one in the green package that says " for european cars" - perfect :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts