BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to take off my front license plate but im worried of cop attention.. does anyone know the general laws and if its only an add on to a ticket and not substantial to get pulled over alone for?

·
Registered
144 Posts
if you get an anal cop.. he'll give you a fix it ticket for no front license plate.. i dunno if it's illegal in nj.. but i got a fix it ticket here for no front license plate and tint.... it's not that expensive and it doesn't go on ur record.. just time consuming...

·
Registered
286 Posts
i know in CA, its illegal, but i havent had mine on for over 2 months and with all the cops in Los Angeles, havent been pulled over or questioned about it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Taking off your front plate in NJ is illegal.... And doing so just gives the local smokies another reason to pull you over and break your stones and give you a ticket...

·
needs a new sig...
4,605 Posts
I had my plate off for 15 months..i was stopped recently and given a fix it ticket for $0 i opted to pay the $30 fine and keep the plate off..$30 every 15 months is worht it IMHO..dont you think..I am from NY

·
Registered
397 Posts
i have a euro license plate for my car. but its the same as my normal license plate. well kind of my euro plate says M3 AGBY and my normal plates say AGBY M3. i havent been pulled over yet about it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm sounds like im just gona bite the bullet and hope for no dick pull overs to often.,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts