BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for that part that replaces the front license plate holder on a 330. Its just a strip of plastic so it looks clean. I know I have seen this but my search turned up nothing. Does anyone remember where this can be purchased?

TIA

·
Registered
568 Posts
whats the difference between the $20 ones from the dealer and the $6 from the license bureau?

·
Registered
862 Posts
premiumg, they are referring to the strip without the license bracket for the cleaner look on the front

·
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
egypt,

Color is TiAg, but it is a 2003 sedan and the strip is black plastic. Im probably better off w/ the dealer so I know it will fit my model. Thanks, though.

·
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
huntmdown

If you buy this part, there should be no holes at all. That would be the point and that is what I have been led to believe so far.

·
Registered
862 Posts
so the one from bavauto.com works fine?

EDIT: well i hope it works...just ordered one from there

·
Registered
589 Posts
bbh03 said:
I call ed bavauto.com. They said they don't think it fits a 2003 330. :sad:
That doesn't sound right. I got mine at Bavauto (for a 2002 330i) and it fits fine. The only thing is, their's won't fit if you have the sport package.

bbh03 said:
If you buy this part, there should be no holes at all. That would be the point and that is what I have been led to believe so far.
Not necessarily true. The strip will replace the gap in the bumper trim that will be open after you remove the license plate holder, but many dealers also screw the bottom of this holder directly into the bumper. These screw holes will be left once you remove the license plate holder.

·
Registered
14 Posts
leftover holes

I was one of the unfortunates to purchase a car with the front license bracket screwed into my non-sport bumper. I recently go the strip from Bavauto.com (make sure you specify sport or not, makes a difference). I replaced the bracket with the strip without difficulty, fits fine. For now I screwed the screws back into the bumper to keep stuff from getting in. I had a post about this last week and received some good feedback. The options to fix the holes are:
1. Paint the screws with touchup paint and screw them into the bumper. While it's not 100% clean, it shouldn't be that noticeable.
2. Bumperplugz.com. These are designed for porsche but will make for BMW as well. Downside is 25 bucks a pair.
3. Fill holes with silicone and then touch up paint.
4. Get a new M-tech bumper (best but most costly of the options).

I'm probably going to end up with the bumper plugz.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts