E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know of a good/cheap place to get a pair of solid license plate frames i.e. with the M logo, etc..?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Bimmian.com has a special if you buy 2 body paint-matched frames, I just picked myself up two for steel blue metallic.

·
Registered
13,836 Posts
mine is rusting... need to get another one asap

or i can just sand the fvck out of it but i'd rather just buy one lol

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I got them those bimmian plates. Cheap plastic = fail.

Just bite the bullet and get a real one from Tischer.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Those look clean. Are they plastic or metal? I couldn't see that it said anywhere other than it isn't a "cheap plastic license plate frame"
There's a little bimmian logo in the corner...leads me to believe that these are the cheap plastic frames that Bimmian sells.

Unless something changed of course.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No way can I justify $80 on a set of license plate frames...I'd rather put the money towards other mods..i was thinking in the ballpark of 25 or less for a set

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
If you order from Bimmerworld, you can get some free plastic license plate frames.

·
Registered
951 Posts
They're plastic frames. Am I missing something? Why are metal frames more suited to hold in a license plate?

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
I have a carbon fiber one and a Dinan one now. You can get a nice one at the dealer also.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
authentic M car owners hate all you want, I ordered these plate frames off ebay for $7 each plus $7 or so for shipping. They are metal and were dirt cheap. They have the M logo (I'm sure they aren't licensed though I have no clue if the BMW M logo is copyright or not. I don't intend on sending this thread on a turn for the worst by sticking M logoed frames on my non M3 car (330iZHP). I ordered the M frames because I am an enthusiast of the BMW Motorsport division and the performance bits added to my ZHP packaged E46 were designed/developed by the Motorsport division. I'm not claiming or portraying my car as being an M, just show my enthusiasm for the Motorsport division. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350308123390&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=50451#ht_1127wt_732

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Nice lookin... it will be quick shipping a good product....thats the same seller I got mine from..... I like the one you picked.....GL

authentic M car owners hate all you want, I ordered these plate frames off ebay for $7 each plus $7 or so for shipping. They are metal and were dirt cheap. They have the M logo (I'm sure they aren't licensed though I have no clue if the BMW M logo is copyright or not. I don't intend on sending this thread on a turn for the worst by sticking M logoed frames on my non M3 car (330iZHP). I ordered the M frames because I am an enthusiast of the BMW Motorsport division and the performance bits added to my ZHP packaged E46 were designed/developed by the Motorsport division. I'm not claiming or portraying my car as being an M, just show my enthusiasm for the Motorsport division. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350308123390&viewitem=&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2&category=50451#ht_1127wt_732

1 - 20 of 20 Posts