BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Ask them to repalce the rear diff bushing, if they will not go se Sam Malha at Erhard BMW in Bloomfiled hills i used to work with him if they can't find it good luck as no one will find it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I don't think any state has lemon laws that cover used cars, but it sounds like the dealer is really trying to work wiht you. (replaced wheels, tires, parking brake assembly, rear brakes, wheel bearings, etc.) Have they refused to replace the diff? Give them a chance to make it right, before trying to threanting them with a lemon law deal.

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
unfortunately I don't think MI lemon law covers used vehicles.

where in MI are ya? :D
yeah it does...if it is under 100 k, and if the problem affects driving safely. I had to apply in order to get wheels, bearings, arms replaced. But the dealer put a deal on me and fixed it. mine had 85 k when got it from them.
just search lemon law and google it deeply. You will get a number so you can call or send the application from the web.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
Hi guys,
Does anybody know what can be done since BMW has had about 4 tries to fix the rear vibration from my 2004 325i CPO?

They have replaced wheels, tires, parking brake assembly, rear brakes, wheel bearings, etc. It still vibrates. I'm thinking it may be the rear differential.

Does Michigan Lemon Law cover CPO vehicles? Is there anything BMW is willing to do?

Thanks for your input
try to get the vehicle history, if you find that the incident first occurred under factory new vehicle warranty and persisted until now then it should be covered under a general lemon law, but I am not sure, but usually what happens under new warranty carries forever I think

·
Registered
516 Posts
definitely put in a lemon law case. i did that with my previous mazda 3s. Short in the PCM, took them 4 fixes to realize it, after i hinted at it. Got a decent amount of money back. Don't remember the name of teh lawyer i went to but he's in Birmingham somewhere.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I actually emailed a lemon law attorney this morning. He said MI lemon laws traditionally apply to new cars, but there are laws in place for used/CPO vehicles.

I'm going to give the dealer one more try to fix this before contacting BMW NA. I'll probably end up calling an attorney, because NA won't get me anywhere.

Such a PITA. It kind of ruins the BMW experience.
to say one car ruins it for you is kinda silly....sadly it happens to all cars ...there is always one that is just a lemon....i work at a lexus dealership i see so many taken apart cause of a noise or vibration and if it isnt fixed the lemon law is brought up ........sorry for what has happened to you it sucks and i am sure its frustrating ....honestly i wouldnt have bought the car if i noticed it in the first place.....common sense for me i guess....i would have said i will buy it when that noise is fixed ....you could have saved yourself a lot of time ....i hope it gets resolved for you asap....but dont let it taint all BMWs for you ...

·
Loves cookies
1,879 Posts
There are 2 seperate issues from the rear end that cannot be figured out.

1) When taking off, the rear end feels like it is getting "stuck". There are 4-6 quick and distinct clunks before the car takes off smoothly. It happens under many different levels of throttle.
2) Generally when in 5th gear, a constant "whoosh, whoosh, whoosh" noise is heard.
differential or the parking brake might be stuck?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts