BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive my ignorance, but last night i saw a 330i with LED brake lights and LED yellow rear turn signals.

is this an aftermarket part, or is this how the new ones are coming now? i would like to convert mine to such if possible.

thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
The new 330s 2004 models have the LED light and brake function. The coupe started production earlier this year. The 4 doors are coming out soon. Not sure which month of this year. The 330i you saw is probably the new 2004 series. Unless someone put an aftermarket LED retrofit on their sedan because they have those available but not sure if the functions work as well as the real ones.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kain,

If you plan on getting a coupe or sedan 2004 model especially a 330, you should wait until early next year. I heard that they are coming out with a ZHP package for the sedan and they have added this option to the coupe as well. If I had known, I would have waited another half year and gotten the extra HP on the 330ci for a bit more. That would have been grand!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I might be getting the sedan next summer for college. Are you saying that BMW will be adding LED lights to the sedan next year?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well as far as I know, all BMW models from now on will have the new LED lights on them. As far as getting yourself a sedan next year, you can expect the LED lights for sure. I was just pointing out the extra power package that will be offered to all the 3 series. I am not sure about the 325s but all the 330 no matter it being 2 or 4 doors will have the option to purchase the ZHP package to make the cars go faster.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The Performance Package (ZHP) has been offered with the 330i for quite some time now. However, they will be offering the Performance Package with the 330Ci next year.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i want to add the ZHP to my 01

·
Registered
726 Posts
As far as I have heard, there are NO PLANS to put the LEDs on the SEDAN...coupe only feature as the sedan models are changing in a couple years

·
Registered
5,017 Posts
how can I retrofit the LED's to my '01 sedan, or at least change it to the new look for the brakelights, they're a little different for facelifted than mine. I tried to search on the board, but "LED" is too short.

·
Registered
726 Posts
for facelift, youd probably just have to relocate the bulbs! I dunno about LEDs unless you wanna go aftermarket

1 - 13 of 13 Posts