E46 Fanatics Forum banner

LED tailights and Imola Red interior

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  XJONBX 
#1 ·
I am wondering as to where I can pick up those LED taillights available for 04 M3s. is dealer the only one that sells them? how much are they anyone bought them from dealer? also what do you guys think of RED interious / BLACK exterior. Will it get old really quick? i can't decide between red and gray. Ohh someone with red please tell me f you still like it or not. Red looks racy, but gray is more classic, after many many years i wonder if RED would still be apealing and stuff, it's very eye catchy. Thanks fellas

#3 ·
I love the red interior :drool:

I just purchased the 04 LED tails for about $700 at Pacific bmw (wholesale price) that's with an LCM, tax, & shipping...without LCM should cost you around $500 :thumbup:

#7 ·
I don't know if anyone has responded to Miami guys with PS but just to have it covered. LED are available on 04 M3s and other new cars. They are brighter, cleaner and look pretty legit. LED is just the name of the technology, instead of having 1 bulb it has like 20 little ones. hope that helps.

THANK YOU to everyone with such quick responses and places to buy LEDs and the fact that RED is cool. I think I might get this one M3 that has it, only exterios is CARBON BLACK not JET BLACK, how much of blue hint does it give off on a sunny day ?

#8 · (Edited)
toyrunr said:
I don't know if anyone has responded to Miami guys with PS but just to have it covered. LED are available on 04 M3s and other new cars. They are brighter, cleaner and look pretty legit. LED is just the name of the technology, instead of having 1 bulb it has like 20 little ones. hope that helps.

THANK YOU to everyone with such quick responses and places to buy LEDs and the fact that RED is cool. I think I might get this one M3 that has it, only exterios is CARBON BLACK not JET BLACK, how much of blue hint does it give off on a sunny day ?
Thank you Toyrunr! Nobody had answered my question until now. I'll have to look into LED for my 2004 325i (whoops! Just noticed LED are only for coupes :bawling: ).

Congrats on your future M3, its gonna look real sweet! :thumbup:

#9 ·
XJONBX said:
I never got a new LCM, they work but kinda flash like strobes when I drive, doesn't bother me but i'm sure the people behind me are like WTF...Mel did you get a 2004 LCM? I need to get a new one but don't know what one and part #s.
Yeah I got the 2004 LCM, here check this out:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=88439

MiamiBimmer said:
I'll have to look into LED for my 2004 325i (whoops! Just noticed LED are only for coupes :bawling: ).
Umnitza.com is coming out with LED tails for sedans :thumbup:

#12 ·
I have a Carbon Black M3. I have found that the blue tint is more noticeable under street or fluorescent lights (like those found at gas stations). In daylight the blue is less pronounced but provides just enough to make the black stand out. It's hard to explain so I'd recommend visiting a BMW dealership to check it out in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.