E46 Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
That LCM is not adaptive xenon. It would have DYN on the label where it says ALC. The LCM you have is a halogen LCM.
It should still be codable with ncs-expert, right?

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
That LCM is not adaptive xenon. It would have DYN on the label where it says ALC. The LCM you have is a halogen LCM.
I am 120% sure my headlights are adaptive. Not sure on halogen or xenon. I will look for the DYN. Where would I be able to find this? are you referring to the new LCM that i am purchasing?

I've spoken with the guy who is selling me the LCM and i asked him if he had PA software. Luckily he does and is willing to code it to my VIN and KM. I am taking that once that is done in NCS Expert I can code the new LCM through FA.

I will also have to recode my EWS and KMB with for ZCS GM, SA, VN. as i only changed one number and coded both modules.

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
I just spoke with the person who is selling me the LCM and he told me that the LCM came out of a BMW that had bi-xenons? I tried to look at realoem.com on that part number of lcm i am purchasing and it does bring something up but every part number i click brings me to new set of numbers? weird.

anyway. I went to my car and i took some pictures of my LCM, and head lights.

their definitely xenons. and i don't have the DYN on my module neither?? :hmm:

Attachments

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
24,165 Posts
I am 120% sure my headlights are adaptive. Not sure on halogen or xenon. I will look for the DYN. Where would I be able to find this? are you referring to the new LCM that i am purchasing?
I've spoken with the guy who is selling me the LCM and i asked him if he had PA software. Luckily he does and is willing to code it to my VIN and KM. I am taking that once that is done in NCS Expert I can code the new LCM through FA.
!
the photos you have posted show your car as a "prefacelift" front. this means you do Not have "adaptive" Xenons. only facelift Coupes/cabrios got adaptive headlights. you may be confusing "adaptive" headlights (that turn headlight into the turn) with "auto leveling" that have motors that level up and down. Factory Xenons are autoleveling for safety reasons.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for pointing that out, Alex. I went on realoem and had a closer look. You are right they are not adaptive. I was mistaking the adaptive with auto levelling as you mentioned.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Alex323ci is right about the differences between adaptive and autolevelling. You have autolevelling headlights. Adaptive headlights were only available on facelight coupes and convertibles.

With autolevelling headlights you need to look out for LWR and/or dyn on the LCM.

LWR compensates for changes in vehicle load/weight. dyn compensates for changes in vehicle height due to heavy acceleration and braking. dyn LCMs include LWR.

I don't know what's going on with the one you've bought. Going by the experience of others on this forum - I don't think it supports autolevelling - but I have no experience with adaptive LCMs and how they differ from ones with LWR units

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hello guys:hi:

I have finally retroffited my LED tail lights and with after purchasing a light switch module I was able to have the led tail lights running perfectly.

My current issue is that my old LSZ had some options that the new LSZ dosent and I was wondering how i can gain these options back.

Adaptive bi-xeon headlights and the options I had in LSZ for blinkers.

I guess i need to find out how to transfer the options from the old LSZ to new LSZ.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.