Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E46 330Ci, LSD diff, Dinan performance, Facelifted Mpackage
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but have taken a lot of notes from here on fixing my E46 coupe, Thank YOU!!!:excited: I have also searched online and in here allot to programing ZCS module for LED tail light. However, the information i found wasn't to my production. As I am sitting right on the line of the switch from ZCS to VO FA.

I am hoping to find out how I would be able to perform the following without briking the module or having a dead car:hmm: There are allot of information online that I have found on programming OEM LED tail lights on E46. However, there is minimal information on coding ZCS for OEM LED tail lights.

I have an E46 330 Ci Individual M package 2000/09 production and am looking to upgrade the current tail light to OEM LED tail lights. With D-kcan cable I soldered pin 7-8 together and was able to connect to WBS or KMB to LSZ. Once the LSZ was read I open the TRC file in NCS Dummy and am able to read the file.

In there I am not able to find the option to enable the LEDH+ as I believe that year modles didn't have the LED tail light option. Through further search online I found out that I needed to code the ZCS instead since my production date was still under 2001/09 production which became FA for VO order.

through more searches I found that I can code the ZCS to enable the LED tail light options. (Link)

However, I haven't been able to figure what i have to put in for GM: SA: VA: to enable it as I have to add or remove 00000 :banghead:
I am taking that the GM: i dnt have to touch as its my VIN#

I know that my other option is to simply code the module and deactivate the light warning sign, but I rather perform this properly.

I am looking to find an light switch module out of 2004 that came with LED tail light option, but trying to save on $$$$$ and gain this experience.

Again the link that was provided does explain it. However in the pictures I dnt see any changes which has me not perform any coding.

Thanks everyone in advance for any further information on how to program the ZCS for LED tail light option._a_

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello Guys,

First, I like to thanks everyone who created and gave us the consumers the option of working with BMW tools such as NCS Expert, Inpa etc... To gain certain options can cost $$$$ dollars and as a DIY guy I love to understand my car to its limits.

I've tried searching for the issue I am having and if this posts already exists then I would really apreciate if someone can point me toward the right direction.

As the tiles states I am trying to retrofit OEM LED tail lights for an E46 2000/09 production. While having the LED tail lights purchased, I have ordered the connecting wire from Ebay. ******>

After many searches online I finally have an understanding about Inpa and NCS Expert. I do have winkfp and NCS dummy but I haven't used winkfp much. as I am fairly new to this.

Once my D+Kcan cable once received I connected to my KMB module and read the LSZ module. With the great help of NCS Dummy I translated everything and found the options on the great forms that was create on E46Fanatics and other websites.

I am currently able to connect to inpa and read my modules and have looked at my LSZ module to see if I have the LEDH+ option so I can simply activate it.

However, due to 2000/09 production which is essentially "2001", my E46 modules work with ZCS and not FA VO!!:banghead:

I found this article online which explains but I am not understanding which numbers to take out once in ZCS module to code the LSZ module on LEDH+ tail lights. <LINK>

Thanks everyone in advance and look forward to your comments._a_

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hello Guys,

First I like to thank the great work that has been put in on NCS Expert, Inpa winkfp, ncs dummy. These great tools really help us fanatic boys :thumbsup:

I am new here and sorry if this is the wrong place to post my question. This might of been asked previously but i couldn't find any.

I have looked around and have found very beneficial information online to code ZCS for LED tail lights. <Link>

I have an E46 330CI Coupe, production 2000/09 .
VIN: WBAAA00000JU2146B

Here is when I read my ZCS
GM: 61633810P
SA: 0000284803BC14601
VN: 00026406203

Is this sample correct for my ZCS module to get coded which hopefully would enable the LED tail lights option.

In daten folder I look up the E46ZST.000 and the led info was

LEDH N0997 00000000 0000000000000000 0001000000 1 LED_HECK //Nachruestung LED-Heckleuchten E46/2 u. E46/C Facelift

So I deleted the last digit of my GM, SA, VN and would be implemented the following. I am just wondering if I have done this correctly which then I can actually apply it on to my module by coding it with NCS Expert.

GM: 61633810 + 00000000 = 61633810
SA: 0000284803BC1460 + 0000000000000000 = 0000284803BC1460
VN: 0002640620 + 0001000000 = 0003640620

Thanks in advance everyone for your help!! :bow: _sl_

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello Guys,

I am new here and sorry if this is the wrong place to post my question. I have searched the site for my issue and have not come across any. This might of been asked previously but i couldn't find it.

I have looked around and have found very beneficial information online to code ZCS for LED tail lights.
I have an E46 330CI 2000/09. VIN: WBAAA00000JU2146B

Here is when I read my ZCS
GM: 61633810P
SA: 0000284803BC14601
VN: 00026406203

Is this sample correct for my ZCS module to get coded which hopefully would enable the LED tail lights option.
In daten folder I look up the E46ZST.000 and the led info was

LEDH N0997 00000000 0000000000000000 0001000000 1 LED_HECK //Nachruestung LED-Heckleuchten E46/2 u. E46/C Facelift

So I deleted the last digit of my GM, SA, VN and implemented the following

GM: 61633810 + 00000000 = 61633810
SA: 0000284803BC1460 + 0000000000000000 = 0000284803BC1460
VN: 0002640620 + 0001000000 = 0003640620

For some reason i cant post when I to attach the url to a word. I'll try to post the link later in reply section.

Thanks in advance everyone!!:bow:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can someone please verify if this method is correct?

I installed Mikes BMW tools which included all the necessary file. After that I went into BMW coding Tool and pointed default folders to ncs expert, ediabas and winkfp-nfs. Once the default folders were pointed I went and pointed the E46 V50.2 daten file to sp-source and updated the sp-daten files. once that was updated I updated the winkfp.

My 7-8 pin is connected and i can read the chasi modules on INPA. I've also connected with NCS Expert and was able to connect to EWS and KMB.

I assume the software I installed is working correctly?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello guys,

I have changed my tail lights to LED and through NCS Expert coded the ZCS for EWS and KMB by following this tutorial.
http://blog.uobdii.com/diy-coding-bmw-e46-zcs-module-via-ncs-expert/

I have a 330CI 2000/09 production.

I have also purchased the connector that sits in LED tails lights and connects to harness wires of the car
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-3er...ash=item281b1dd18e:g:dgQAAOSwWnFWBlzR&vxp=mtr

After installing the tail lights i turned the engine on and as expected i got the tail light warning light in dashboard. I went to the back of the car and noticed the tail lights are off. I turned the switch on and my headlights came on but tail lights don't.

I grabbed a Voltage checker and checked to see if the Ebay cables are fine. while the car is on and lights are on from the switch, i put my screw driver that has a light in it and found out that there are two wires that are hot. so i know there is powers to led's. Hopefully, the pin order is right as well. i've got three wires on one side an empty slot and then three wires. Looking at the taillight harness wires the third wire is red and it is giving power to the bay cable as i saw the current.

In NCS Expert I have coded my ZCS, I have a previous threat that explains what i did

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1154809

I also checked the ZCS again to see if the codes i have done was implemented and they are.

I code the LSZ TRC file and disable or dissactivated the cold monitoring for tail lights. However, in dashboard the tail light warning lights still on and as explained the tail lights don't turn on neither.

Any ideas?:hmm:

Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, I've found this LCM in my neighbourhood and was wondering if I can use this to activate my LEDH. It is from a 2004 bmw E46 model. I've also asked if they are adaptive headlights and xenon capable as mine currently are and he said yes.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Hey guys, I've found this LCM in my neighbourhood and was wondering if I can use this to activate my LEDH. It is from a 2004 bmw E46 model. I've also asked if they are adaptive headlights and xenon capable as mine currently are and he said yes.
You'll have to recode the lsz to your car using pa soft then use ncs expert to code your default options. The newer lsz's are with VO instead of ZCS

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You'll have to recode the lsz to your car using pa soft then use ncs expert to code your default options. The newer lsz's are with VO instead of ZCS
The guy who i am purchasing it from said that the car already had the LEDs and the adaptive headlight with Xenon. So I am assuming I only need PA to do a VIN change. However,if need be with NCS expert I should be good to go after that

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
The guy who i am purchasing it from said that the car already had the LEDs and the adaptive headlight with Xenon. So I am assuming I only need PA to do a VIN change. However,if need be with NCS expert I should be good to go after that
It's Vin and mileage.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you know what the FA codes are to activate the adaptive xenon head lights?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
also, anyone advanced member has any idea why the LED tail lights are not turning on at all. I have my eBay plug play kit for the connection?

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
also, anyone advanced member has any idea why the LED tail lights are not turning on at all. I have my eBay plug play kit for the connection?
I say it's your LCM. When I was doing reading yesterday, a member said that it wouldn't work with the old LCM because BMW never thought they would be putting LEDs. The newer LCM knows how to manage the LEDs

·
Registered
8,276 Posts

·
// Quandt AG (Retired) //
3,611 Posts
When I put oe leds in my 01 vert I had to swap the LKM for a newer version that supported LED and code it with vin & mileage. The leds would not work with the original LKM. Sold the car else I'd grab the FA data for you. I'll look tomorrow in my shop workstation, might still have a file.

·
//Binary is in my DNA
2002 BMW 325i
4,482 Posts
That LCM is not adaptive xenon. It would have DYN on the label where it says ALC. The LCM you have is a halogen LCM.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.