BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried an LED strip install on their car? I'm thinking along the lines of Audi A4, S5 (I know, blasphemy). Do you think it can be done with an angel eye kit?

EDIT:
So before I catch flack for not searching before posting: I DID find this thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=682142&highlight=led+strip

but.. dunno how I feel about it, hahah. :yikes: :facepalm:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
they look like christmas lights.

pass on this one bro.

·
Registered
18,707 Posts
i actually wanna see at night with parking/fogs on

i think the facelift models (sedan and coupe) would look good because of the shape, however i would still NEVER do it because its an "audi" thing, and now mercedes porsche hyundai etc thing as well

its like the gs300 i saw the other day with angel eyes :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Don't get me wrong, I love the way eyes look, but I just wanted to see if anyone had pulled if off tastefully- I have the feeling it could look pretty good if done right. Also agree on the whole recognition aspect, I would never want anyone to confuse my Bimmer with an Audi. :D

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
I doubt you can so it with an AE kit as the lights are attached to hard plastic. You can not just adjust the shape of them.

·
Banned
94 Posts
It is possible...I have done 2 sets for a 2003 M3 and a 2004 330ci.
Although it's possible it don't think it looks as good as it does on an Audi.
I have an M3 and although I know how to make the strips I won't do it on my car...

·
Falling from 14k ft.
4,030 Posts
It is possible...I have done 2 sets for a 2003 M3 and a 2004 330ci.
Although it's possible it don't think it looks as good as it does on an Audi.
I have an M3 and although I know how to make the strips I won't do it on my car...
Did you start with LED angel eyes or something else.

And if you have an M3, why not have that as your "My Ride" in lieu of an 03 330Ci?

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
i actually wanna see at night with parking/fogs on

i think the facelift models (sedan and coupe) would look good because of the shape, however i would still NEVER do it because its an "audi" thing, and now mercedes porsche hyundai etc thing as well

its like the gs300 i saw the other day with angel eyes :eek:
Or the 02 or so V6 Mustang running around here with those LED "angel eyes", they look terrible.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I doubt you can so it with an AE kit as the lights are attached to hard plastic. You can not just adjust the shape of them.
yeah true, you'll end up using dollar store LEDs. Once I saw a baby blue accord, possibly rusted. with I think (according to my sensitive ears) 15" Sony Xplod 5 sided sub <- the one that they say sounds better this way because it's a sony, and a MASSIVE array of LEDs encircling the car, much like a futuristic UFO. That day I swear, would've seen one of the most EPIC looking car's if I just took a pic. I think it got crushed by a disposal truck or summin.

·
Registered
852 Posts
I think the Audi LED strip on a BMW would look right at home next to the Lambo doors and the flat wing spoiler on the trunk. :lmao:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts