E46 Fanatics Forum banner

What do you think about LED Sidemarkers?

• I'd rather stay stock

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I'd do it, but I do NOT want them on all the time

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I'd like to have them on all the time for safety

Votes: 10 33.3%

LED Sidemarkers - Opinions

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  jtkun 
#1 ·
So, here's the situation:
I'm going to be re-ordering our 6000K and Amber front turn signal packages.
Now, I'm probably going to get the sidemarkers as well, in 6000K and Amber.

Here's the situation:
If you put in resistors, they function just like OEM, only they flick instant on, instant off. There is nowhere to mount the resistors, and they get hot.

If you DO NOT put in resistors, they stay on whenever the car is on - which I think is pretty cool and obviously is a safety feature at night.

What do you all think - should I order a few units?

#3 ·
jlevi said:
So, here's the situation:
I'm going to be re-ordering our 6000K and Amber front turn signal packages.
Now, I'm probably going to get the sidemarkers as well, in 6000K and Amber.

Here's the situation:
...If you DO NOT put in resistors, they stay on whenever the car is on - which I think is pretty cool and obviously is a safety feature at night.

What do you all think - should I order a few units?
If they stay on they lose their signaling function, right?

In that case I like the OEM function with the resistors. Where would you mount the resistors though?

#6 ·
I personally have em currently with resistors and disconnected the resistors all week just to see how they function, and its kinda cool, cuz your corners and the side markers light up together in low level mode and it looks just fine.....during the day, who cares.... for those that go white, then they will match the halos in the daytime..

#8 ·
jtkun said:
Hey, is there a low bulb warning if you don't use resisters with the sidemarkers, or is that only with the front turn signals?

Jlevi, hook us up with a nice group buy with a package of LED bulbs for the front and sidemarkers.
nope.. i have LEDs on my side flashers.. and i get no warnings at all.. oh IMO they look pretty cool at night.. specially after you shut off car they stay lid (very dim) for about 5 mins then go off..

#18 ·
We have rear backup lights - they are the same as the front corner lights, only without a resistor setup. We can sell them to you for $20 for the set :wow:
When we get more of our stuff in stock (1 week) we'll put up a ton of new kinds of bulbs, including:
194 Amber
194 6000K
1156 backup light
1157 Amber
1157 6000K

I'm still trying to get a full OEM-look rear LED panel.

Thanks
JL

#19 ·
jlevi said:
We have rear backup lights - they are the same as the front corner lights, only without a resistor setup. We can sell them to you for $20 for the set :wow:
When we get more of our stuff in stock (1 week) we'll put up a ton of new kinds of bulbs, including:
194 Amber
194 6000K
1156 backup light
1157 Amber
1157 6000K

I'm still trying to get a full OEM-look rear LED panel.

Thanks
JL
What are these panels? Are these the panels where you connect the bulbs to and then mount it to the back of your lights? If so, I would definitely be interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.