BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a topic regarding the LED bulbs for front corner lights a couple weeks ago. Now here I got them installed correctly. No rapid flashing, no "light out" warning. All I need was to install a 6ohm resistor / equalizer along with the light to fake the computer.

I'm happy with the result that they match pretty good with my 6000k xenons. They are a lot brigther and more white then those "xenon look" bulbs even just with the parking light on. They look almost invisible when they are off. But I think the LEDs would look too white / blue with the factory xenons. Now I have LEDs all around the car including the side markers. Just wanna share some pictures, flame away. :D Just wanna share some pictures, flame away. ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words guys. I got them from http://autolumination.com You need to get the model 1156 (I have the 24LEDs one, they now even have one with 30LEDs!) and make sure you order a pair of 6ohm equalizers (resistors) as well. Installation was simple, took me about 30mins to get the job done. The guy there named Chris is very helpful. Answered all my questions without any delay. :thumbup:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Craig. Well, as you know the stock xenons are pretty yellowish, so with the white LEDs they factory xenons would look even more yellowish. But the LEDs match pretty good with the 6000k xenons even after they warm up. See the last two pics are the xenons after warm up.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Banjo said:
Looks good. How did you connect the resistors?
You see there are two wires go the stock light socket, one brown and one blue I believe. You just tape the resistors (each end to each wire) with the wire clips that they provided and you are set. Here are some pics of the resistors, which they called them "load equalizers". http://autolumination.com/equalizers.htm

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
m330 said:
whoa there sooo many of them!! which one would match best with 4100 xenons?

thanks
To be honest with you I dont' know. Like I said earlier I "think" they might be too white for the stock xenons. But as for the model make sure you get the "1156". I ordered the "1157" at the first place and I had to return them.

They even have their own Silver Vision for $2.99 each... Can't beat that price. ;)

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
I wish I had normal headlights, not this freakin one piece light, it would make things a whole lot easier. So do the LEDs just slide in the hole where the bulb would normally go?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts