E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Would you be interested in this product?

• I'd be interested in the 6000K Color

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • I'd be interested in the AMBER Color

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • $40 is a bit much, even though I know the parts are very expensive

Votes: 11 17.5%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a result of my previous thread,
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=2090043
I've decided to run an interest guage before I go ahead and drop thousands of dollars on a new item.

<b>Explanation:</b>
OK. SO. I got the LED bulbs in the car today. Here's my total list of pro's vs. cons (and how I delt with the cons)

<b>PROS:</b>
-Wow. Very purple color. Almost a perfect match for 6000K
-MUCH, MUCH brighter than any halogen hyperwhite bulb I've tested
-Lightweight (Hey, can't hurt right )
-No heat from the actual bulb
-INSANT on, INSTANT off... very cool and sharp "flick" on
-Easy install, except mounting the Load Equalizers
-<i>No more egg yolk!!!</i>

<b>CONS:</b>
-The load equalizers get very, very hot - very fast... which means
-I had to come up with a solution to mount the equalizers. I imagine you could hang them down in the bumper, but I chose to drill into a very convenient metal part, and screw them in. I broke 3 bits, but it was very easy (If you had METAL bits, it'd be even easier)
-They flicker a lot without the equalizers - once you install the equalizers, there is only about 5% of the original flicker - it's not really noticeable at all, but you know how I am about honesty.
-They won't match stock headlights or halos, but they are definately better than any hyperwhite bulb
-Very expensive components, most likely going to cost $40 for the all-inclusive kit

<b>So. If I were to sell these:</b>
-I'd offer an easier ordering page then anyone else in the industry
-I'd offer cheaper, faster, trackable shipping
-I would create an ENTIRE package, with everything you need, nothing you don't
-I'd give installation instructions
-I'd provide my legendary customer service
-I'd do package deals... like, these + HIDs or something.

<b>What do you guys think?
If I order, I'm ordering 50+ units - so shoot me straight here.</b>

<b>Pictures (Please note the first 2 pictures are a little more BLUE then they are in person - see the last picture for an accurate idea of the color</b>

(Courtesy of otherside)

(Courtesy of otherside)

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Foe Virginia people...

just checking but in Virginia or Maryland isnt Amber the only color you can have for front lights?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but that's like you have to have a front license plate in California :eeps: ;)

JC - unfortunately, there is no easy solution on that - my solution is to just make the corners look good while their on, since I don't want to cut OEM wires.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
How about some clear reflectors for the 2004 Coupes while we're at it? Come on, you know you have some sort of connection out there that can fabriate an exact replica of the side markers. Sell it with the 2004 halos when they come out! And sell it with the LED corners.

Ok, sorry, off topic... I might be interested in this anyway. I like how its a crisp on off blink

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'd be in for some but I would also want the side marker bulbs to match these and it the set, if possible.
what do you think?

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
jlevi said:
You can just remove the orange part when you bake the headlight open to do the DDEs - and it just leaves the chrome part ;)

JL
Yeah, I know. But I don't know if I like the chromed look. Maybe there's some way to use a flat clear coat spray paint to make it a less chromed out look. I still haven't seen any real good pics of this setup yet that has convinced me to go ahead and do this. Got any good ones?

J

·
Registered
518 Posts
I wish it were more white than purple...i rather match xenons than halos.

If you can get whiter looking bulbs im in for a few packages.

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like you guys really like the amber :dunno:
I'll probably do 50/50 with the amber and the 6000K - I want 6000K to match all the HID fogs we have in stock :)

Also, I thought I'd tell you guys that when I locked my car today... I couldnt' help but unlock and lock it a few more times... the sharp blinking is SO cool! :thumbup: :woot:

JL

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK GUYS!
I just ordered all the stuff.
Here's how it's going to go down.

Packages will be $40 all-inclusive. No more, no less.

I have convinced the manufacturer to give me 15" of wire on each side of the dummy load. This way, you can put the load in the engine bay, where there is TONS of room for the head (200 degrees farenheit roughly) to disapate. Obviously, your engine bay can handle the heat.

I'll be getting these in AMBER and 6000K. Anyone interested in pre-ordering? If so, I can put these on the site right now.

Thanks!
JL

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
An idea of color:

As soon as I get them (roughly a week, maybe 9 days) I will put them on my own car, and get better pics.
I'm going to go ahead and put these on the website for PRE-order!

JL

·
1.888.JLEVISW
14,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They're up on the website to be reserved!!!!

<a target="_blank" href="http://jlevistreetwerks.com/OSCOMMERCE/index.php?cPath=30_33_38&osCsid=d613e8a43626c9835edea9621161966f"><b>Reserve your set of LED CORNERS (Amber or 6000K) Today!!!</b></a>

I hope to have them by the 15th :D

JL

1 - 20 of 70 Posts