E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of used OEM LED tail lights on my car and on the passenger light the blinker and the outter row of lights work but the center (20 leds) doesnt work at all...I know LEDs dont burn out very often, I was wondering could it be in the wiring and is there a way to tell?

If anyone could please let me know I would really appreciate it because I dont know what to do!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sounds like a wiring issue. Make sure you have the retrofit cable adapters on the correct side. They look the same but are specific to each side. The inner lights should light and the outer ring should not (unless you do some extra wiring to get the outer ring to light also). You didn't say what you got with the lights? Did they come with wiring adapter cables (2 short cables with connectors on both ends).

·
Registered
576 Posts
yup, sounds like a wiring issue. it is highly unlikely that the entire center portion led's got burnt out. can you post a pic?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts